I blushed a bit, not out of embarrassment, but because of the compliment. I've never been complimented like that before, so this was a first.

I grinned cheekily, rubbing my the back of my neck nervously. "Thanks, I guess that's nice to know." I said, her eyes widening. She smiled and grinned back sloppily.

"Hey, Tataki... Mind if I ask you a question?" She asked, hipe filling her eyes.

I froze, "Go ahead, no one's stopping you." I said, fear taking over me.

"Do you want to be my friend... It's fine if you don't, we did just meet so it would be understandable." She rambled on unusually.

I grinned madly, "Yeah, that would be an honor, Hizō." I replied, causing her rambling to come to an end.

She stared at me shocked, "You would?" She repeated.

I nodded, patting her head softly. "When do you ever have the chance to make a friend with blue hair? Never, so I think I made up my mind. I'll be your friend, blueberry." I teased, ruffling her hair.

She frowned at the nickname, "I wouldn't be talking, you old man!" She smirked, "When do you ever have the chance to make a friend who looks fifty years older? Never! But, hey... it's nice to have you as a friend."

I smirked and stood up, "Well, now that you're healed properly. Do you want to go look for your team? I have enough time, so don't worry about me." I stated.

She nodded solemnly as she stood up shakily, "Yeah, let's go then. My team is most likely assuming I'm dead at the moment." She said.

I crouched down, my back hunched over. "Get on." I ordered.

It went silent. The wind blew, it's slight whistling passing by, breaking part of the silence. "What?" She asked, dumbfounded.

I jabbed my thumb towards my back, "Hop on my back." I repeated, tossing her a smile.

She gained a tick mark, "Are you calling me short?" She spat out.

Shaking my head, I sighed and glanced back at her. "I'm not, your body is still sore from the beating you recieved earlier. Explaining the reason why you're having a hard time standing." I explained.

Reina muttered incoherent words under her breath and jumped onto my back, I grunted a bit at the sudden weight change. For a short girl like her, she weighed a bit...but that can be from her weapons and other items as well.

"On we go," I mused, speeding away.

The leaves rustled as we flew past, skimming them with our clothing of body. It was around mid-day from the look of the sky, that means we still have some time till night hits. Hopefully we find her team by then, it gets pretty dangerous around night.

Reina's arms which were around my neck squeezed tightly, and her legs around my waist. I smiled softly at the feeling I was getting. I don't know what it was, but... man did it feel good. For once, I felt like I had someone to protect, to care for. As I glanced back at Reina, I knew why I liked her so much at first sight.

She reminded me of my deceased baby sister.

My sister died from a terrible disease that infected most of my village. It was mainly little kids like her were sick, not adults or elderly. It's sad to say, but most of the deaths were children... One of those cases being my sweet baby sister, Kia.

As I was lost in my train of thoughts, I failed to notice Reina's grin. She tugged at my hair like my sister would to gain my attention, I smiled and faced her. "What is it, Ki- Reina?" I corrected myself quickly.

Lost In Pain... || Naruto Fanfic [NWA Winner 2015]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें