Dinner

Raeesa's pov

I felt something in the pit of my stomach. It felt like I could throw up at any second. Was I nervous? I looked at the clock it read 7:50. I decided to walk down to the lobby and be on time. As I walked down I felt the gaze of my shadows and bystanders. I looked at the time and it read at 8 pm. Just at that moment, the Wayne limo pulls up. I made my way out the door as the doormen opened the doors for me. The raven-haired, blue-eyed man from before stepped out of the car and opened the door for me. "Thank you," I said graciously as I stepped into the car. There were three Females in the car. They looked at me wide-eyed and shocked. "Hello, I am Ra." I held out my hand for them to shake. "You?" The black-haired, brown-eyed girl said shocked. "Master Raeesa?" She whispered. Suddenly I recognized her. "Cassandra Cain this is a shocking revelation," I replied with a soft, gentle smile. "Are you still teaching the recruits?" She asked. "I was, but now I am pointing some new instructors. As the league is going to be rebuilt to better fit the era." I replied. "Hello Re Re," Damian said with a smile. "Hello again Dami," I replied. They all seemed shocked. "Oh of course where is my manners. I am Raeesa Al Ghul." I said. "I am.." the raven-haired man was cut off by the other blue-eyed man. "I am Jason Todd and these are my siblings. Dick Greyson, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, and Damian Wayne. But you knew that. And these are Tim and Dick's girlfriend's Stephanie Brown and Barbra Gordon." Jason said. "I see you all live up to your reputations," I said raising an eyebrow and smiling. Dick pales a bit. "Oh don't worry, they only have to say incredible things about you all," I stated. "Thank you for joining us Ms. Al Ghul," Bruce said. "Thank you, Mr.Wayne," I reply. "Please call me Bruce," Bruce asked. "Then please call me by my first name," I say with a smile. He nods and goes back to thought. "So you are Talia's sister or something," Stephanie asked. "I am something along those lines," I reply. "How was Talia to live with?" Stephanie asked. "Stephanie." Barbara snapped. "Oh no, it's okay. I do not mind her questions." I say and look at Barbra to say that I am fine with her questions. "Talia was not someone you would want to be within 100-mile ratios of," I reply with a soft little chuckle. "I would rather take Deathstroke's blade than Talia's wrath," I replied chuckling. A few of the others seemed to relax as I made jokes.

Dick's pov

I watched Raeesa's moments. She was nothing like Damian when he first came. She seemed more trusting, relaxed, and lighter. Meaning she carried less emotional baggage. I looked at Jason. He seemed to be enamored with Raeesa, but who could blame him. She was practically the vision of beauty. Raeesa never said she was the daughter of Talia Al Ghul and no one but Damian, Bruce, Jason, and myself knew of her heritage. I pulled out my phone and texted Damian. "Are you sure Raeesa is your sister? I mean she doesn't act traumatized." Damian's phone beeped and he pulled it out. He read the message and replied. "Raeesa is my sister. She has just mastered the ability to hide her emotions imbecile." I read the message and nodded my head. "So Raeesa what college do you go to?" Bruce asked. Raeesa lifted her eyebrow. "I finished my studies when I was 16 and I earned my doctorates in the medical field at Harvard." She replied in a matter of a fact tone. "You were very young?" Bruce added. "What can I say. I strive for excellence." She shrugged "So you work for the League of Shadows?" Stephanie asked. "Oh my god, Stephanie what are you DOING?" I asked myself. I turned towards Raeesa expecting to see her fuming. "Yes. Although the league will be going through some changes involving the name." She responds. "Oh, what will it be called now?" She asked interrogating. "That is a secret that I must keep from being spoiled." She said with a smirk. Stephanie's eyes bulged. We arrived at the restaurant. I walked over to Bruce. "Are you sure it is a good idea to introduce her to everyone?" I asked. "No I am not sure, but I need to know who my daughter is." He said. Raeesa's head whipped around and she started walking towards Bruce and me. "Dick go into the restaurant with the others. I need to talk to Raeesa myself." Bruce said as he lightly pushed me towards the others.

Raeesa's pov

I heard that my father already knew I was his child. I walked over to him as Dick fled the scene. "You knew I was yours?" I asked. "Damian let the secret spill earlier today," Bruce said to me. I looked at the ground ashamed of my past actions and the fact that I was going to be coronated the ruler of the new league of shadows. "If you think I am mad about anything your mother made you do. You should know that I am not upset. I still came to meet you. Even though I know you are going to be the demon's head. I am willing to expect that and still be there for you." He said. I shook my head. "The title Demons head died with Ra Al Ghul. I am not going to follow in his or my mother's footsteps. I am going to be blazing my own path for the league. However, somethings will stay the same, while others won't." I concluded. "And I am more than willing to be there for you, but with the league killing people. I can't protect you from the justice league." I smiled. "The Justice League won't be after the shadows anymore. I promise you that." I said and smiled.

Bruce's pov

I wanted to get to know my daughter, but with her leading the league. I am not sure I will be able to. We would be on different sides and the justice league would be trying to arrest my daughter. "Raeesa I am not going to tell you what to do, but we will always be after you," I said. Raeesa looked at me with pleading eyes. "Bruce. You don't understand. The league has been rebuilt and the members are now part of a country instead. We don't plan on leaving our borders unless invaded." She says. I smile at her. "I am proud of you for making your path, but why didn't you reach out to me?" I ask. She lowered her head. "I was.... afraid." She paused and sucked in her breath. "Every person I had ever cared about had been killed. I didn't want that for Damian, you, or your family. So I decided to stay away. I also wanted to be excepted by you and I knew I had become a....monster." Raeesa said keeping her head down I thought I saw a teardrop from her eye. "Raeesa I haven't known you for long. However, I know a few things. You are not a monster. You are kind, smart, passionate, determined, independent, and strong. I have seen how Damian acts around you. He feels comfortable around you and safe. That alone makes me proud to be your father." I said. She finally looked up at me with tears following down her face. "Thank you, father." She said as she jumped into an embrace. Her short and thin frame shadowed by mine. I was taken back by the public show of affection but quickly returned it. I hadn't even known my daughter for long and I had already learned to love her.