Entry 03 [ Apr. ] : Wattpad Fools

Single No More : An April Fools' Prank Gone Wrong
written by Endee (loveisnotrude)

Three years ago, I made an unforgettable prank and a friend of mine was the victim of it. I clearly remembered it happened on the day of April 1st.

I told her that I'm finally dating someone. When she asked me who, I gave the name of my crush that time, not knowing that she was somewhat friends with him (yeah, joke on me). I was expecting a violent reaction from her because she knew that I couldn't still commit myself in a (romantic) relationship. But, bruh, she was just like, "Seryoso ba? Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi sa akin? Ikaw, ah! Pakilala mo naman ako sa kanya next time." Then our conversation epically continued. She asked things about us and because I wanted it to be more believable, I made a lot of lies about our relationship. And because I had fun, I decided not to tell her the truth yet.

So came 2nd of April, when I opened my Facebook messenger, I was bombarded by messages from three people - my friend I pranked, my crush, and the girl I didn't know. Out of curiosity, I opened the latter, and I was shookt by her messages. It wasn't exactly like this but it was the closest one (and I'll use a different name for privacy purposes, lol):

Hi, kilala mo ba si Harry Potter? Nalaman ko kasi na jowa ka rin daw niya? Totoo ba? Niloloko niya lang ba ako? Kasi ako 'yong girlfriend niya, e. And we're going to celebrate our 1st anniversary, so if it's true that he's also your boyfriend, please tell me so I can break up with him. I don't deserve a cheater.

Actually, the original one was more intense than that. My initial reaction after I read her messages was to stalk her and when I found out that she was really in a relationship with Harry, I mentally slapped my face! And I was like, "Holy shit, what's happening? Bakit hindi ko alam na may girlfriend 'yong tao? At paano niya nalaman na naging boyfriend ko si Harry for a day?!" Then that's the cue to read my friend's messages.

NON-VERBATIM:

Her: Tangina ka! What's going on? I congratulated Harry kasi finally nagka-jowa na rin siya tapos he asked me how did I know and I told him na sinabi mo sa akin kasi we're friends. Tapos sabi niya, hindi ka naman daw niya kilala! At hindi ikaw ang jowa niya! Tapos yari ka kasi hawak pala nung girlfriend yung account niya kaya nabasa yung convo namin 😂

Me: You bitch! Prank lang 'yon kasi April Fools' potaena ka!!!

Her: OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA! May masisirang relasyon dahil sa kagagahan mo.

That's why I explained to Harry and to his girlfriend everything and thankfully, they understand. What happened to my friend? We're still friends right now and promised not to prank like that anymore.

And that's the story of the unforgettable April Fools' prank I did that went hilariously wrong.

***

DATE WRITTEN: April 04, 2020
DATE POSTED: April 05, 2020

***

#WattpadFools

***

A/N: It's my first time sharing this epic story in my life publicly so I hope you guys enjoyed reading this one. And I just want to say thank you to Gwen for saying that it's a winning piece again, naks!

Stay safe, hydrated, and in love; and don't be rude, folks!

***

Kumusta!

Gusto ko lang magpasalamat sa lahat ng nagbasa ng entry ko na 'to for the month of April. Gusto ko lang din i-share na muli na naman akong nanalo - isa sa mga nanalo, yay! Nakakatuwa at naka-tatlo na ako sa patimpalak na 'to, hehe.

Ayon, kung may oras kayo, sana mabasa niyo rin ang ibang winning entries!

Muli, maraming salamat sa inyong lahat! Magkita-kita ulit tayo para sa (tema sa) susunod na buwan :)

Mag-ingat kayong lahat!