Chapter 1 - Beach party

Reminder: fan art included in this chapter does not belong to me they are just to help the imagery of the readers whilst reading the story! Please ask me to remove if you are not happy your art being displayed in my fan fictions and I will do so!

It was a warm summers eve and the four friends decided it would be a nice idea to head down to the beach to enjoy a relaxing evening and to celebrate the end of the school year — and perhaps go for a little late night paddle in the sea!

"Everything packed?" Marinette questioned, she was organised most of the time now and always made sure her friends were too.

"Yes mum," alya laughed and started packing their bits into the tiny boot of her car. It was a 3 seater. specifically made for two adults and possibly a child. "Oh shit," alya muttered as she realised there wouldn't be enough room for the 4 of them. "What's wrong?" Nino asked.
"We may not have enough room for the 4 of us... I bought this car because it was cheap and I only really needed a seat for myself and Nino. There are 3 seats... but the question is do you two mind having to share?" Alya tried to hide her face, but the devilish grin on her face was too noticeable. She had planned it all along. She was always trying to get her dream ship to come true, never quite succeeded, but she had the whole summer to try and get adrien to realise what he's missed out on. She was only doing it out of love for marinette. She loved marinette with all her heart and she so strongly thought marinette deserved to be happy and adrien was perfect at making her happy, so her aim was to make adrienette happen!

"I don't mind," adrien winked at marinette making her blush slightly. they had gotten used to each other after 4 years finally and marinette was able to be herself around him a lot more now, but she still had a shy side and the fact that she had just taken in the fact she would have to have physical contact with adrien. Her crush. In the car. For longer than an hour. scared her.

What if she smelt bad?! Did she look good?! Was he actually comfortable with being around her?!

The thoughts she had were burning on her face and adrien looked down at her and just thought to himself how adorable she was as she was pulling many different faces...

- wait what?

"Marinette!" Alya called, marinette snapped back into reality and smiled "of course it's okay!"

Alya opened her car door and pulled back the seat where adrien carefully placed himself. He patted his lap and raised an eye brow at marinette and smirked playfully. "Pack it in kitty" she giggled and stepped in almost gracefully, but marinette being marinette tripped and almost face planted onto the floor of the car... but something had stopped her! Adrien's hand was gently placed around her waist holding her body up so she didn't bash a single part of her skin. He raised her up gently and slowly put her down onto his lap. "Your still the clumsy Marinette we all love and care for then" he whispered.

Alya shook her head and walked round to the drivers seat. Marinette blushed but gave him a little glare. Adrien laughed and it was a sound so beautiful that you could listen to it all day.

Marinette was a little awkward at first sitting so far forward to try and not make adrien uncomfortable, but after some time he mumbled that it was okay for her to sit back and so she did just that.

She rested her head on the car window and watched the cars just flood by on the other side whilst they were stuck in traffic. She knew she had to prepare for being on adrien's lap for a lot longer than what she had planned to be, but gradually she became more comfortable.

Adrien watched her with an intent smile.

Had she always been this cute?

She had definitely changed from the young, wild, excited marinette. He still loved that marinette...