"Okay," I whispered quickly, surprised at his sudden choice to speak. The 'okay' didn't really mean anything to me. He says sit and I say jump. "But, are you sure that you're even correct? What if you're just confused? What if you really belong with another werewolf or a-"

My entire body was thrown back into the pile of clothes on top of the bed with no effort at all. I landed propped up against it like a doll, and after the initial shock weared off, I remained incredibly still. Morpheus crawled his way up to me slowly, dug his growing claws into my thighs, almost breaking the sensitive skin, and towered over me. "Do I need to repeat myself?"

I visibly gulped, "No."

"Why are you starting this?" He asked, up close and personal in my space. His features had began to contort to that of an angry dog, a possessive dog. His eyes sparkled with bits of black appearing in the green, glaring at me with his scrunched nose and elongating teeth. "You must see that I am not in the mood for you to act up. You must."

Shaking under him as if I was being scolded by a parent, I bit out, "I'm just telling you the truth, you must see that!"

"How is that the truth?" He scoffed, turning more beast-like with each inch that he moved closer to me. "You do not seem to know a single thing about mates."

"I know that you can reject them!" My mouth was slammed shut with my own hand, smashing my teeth together and nearly biting off my tongue. Even my eyes widened at what I had just said. Why would I say that?

"Do you want to reject me, Emery?" He taunted as he tilted his head, tensing up above me. "Is that what you really want to do? You're not going to get very far with that little trick, mate."

My mouth went dry.

"Why do you hurt me so with those words?" He grabbed my jaw in his large hand, and I knew that if he wanted to then he could easily shatter the bone into millions of pieces, my plump lips puckered. "Imagine, the most accurate weapon to use against me would not be a gun, nor an arrow, nor the sharp teeth of a canine, it would be you."

He sized up my body, looking me up and down. "You are so small. You have the height of a pup and the attitude of one. Yet, you are the only being to ever truly pain me."

"You could do anything to me, and I would keep coming back." The sudden realization dawned on him. His expression faltered as he stared down at my trembling form, falling backwards slightly as he stood up straight next to the bed. Distress washed over his features, and in that moment, I felt how the curse of a mate bond affected someone who never had the unfortunate reality of being at the bottom of the food chain.

"Can you not feel it?" He took hold of my hand and pressed it against his chest. To feel how his heart was beating faster than anything I have ever felt made the sparks sizzle wildly against my bare skin. "The bond? I know you can. It may not be as strong for you as it is for me, but I know that it is unlike anything you have ever felt before."

I smiled softly up at him. He's right. "There are so many stories of you, legends and opinions. This was so unexpected. I don't feel ready, at all. It's like you came out of nowhere, and so suddenly. You told me that we met too soon. When were we supposed to meet, do you know?"

"I have waited a sickeningly long time for you. To have been woken up in a world so different from my own was less than meaningful to me, because you were there to greet me," he spoke with such honesty, that I was completely enthralled. "The only way I knew how to treat humans was with that of violent and hateful actions. I was expected to unlearn that during my time of imposed unconsciousness. And, truthfully, my mate, I am not quite there. But, I can assure you that there is only one human who I can say that I do not wish harm upon in the slightest bit."

"Is it me?" I whispered.

Morpheus bent down again to face me, and his gaze softened. He ran a hand through my wet hair, gently gliding through the darkened stands, and dipped his head. My long eyelashes fluttered before I closed my eyes.

And, his lips met mine.

W O R D C O U N T : 1732

All my readers are like 'Huh? Must be another accidental update? No way she was able to update so soon after her last one

All my readers are like 'Huh? Must be another accidental update? No way she was able to update so soon after her last one. Her next update isn't due until December of next year.'

Bet you weren't expecting this.

This is literally the first part of my plot. I hope you all recognize that they were going through the exact same thing, and now they're both over it.

This was the hardest part to write, just because it was a lot of emotional baggage? It'll be much easier for me to get out updates from now on.

Now, it is time for more interesting ideas.

I do have a question, though. So, I'm currently writing some short stories for other book ideas and for Mated to Morpheus. I was kind of hoping to post them with this update, but I'm going to work on them some more and then post it in the separate book I mentioned on my page. Anyways, the question. Is there any parts of this book so far that is a bit confusing or you want an answer for? Or, is there a part that you want more of? As in, other character backstories and things like that. I have a few ideas and some are already written up, but I'd love to know if there's anything else I could write about!

Until next time! 💕