Prayers

The fire was burning in the nearby forest, where Zorya hopped that she was shielded from the curious eyes of Walnia, and people who would judge her every move, her every words

The fire was burning in the nearby forest, where Zorya hopped that she was shielded from the curious eyes of Walnia, and people who would judge her every move, her every words. Zorya felt that her life was getting hard, that her pagan blood was slowly becoming her burden, because she was not able to control it anymore. She felt like a wild animal trapped in her own skin. Zorya felt her glorious soul was so much bigger then her own, fragile body, and that it could easily break her, so she needed to hide from her own self, in the depths of the forests, burn herself a fire, and begin a ritual, that will make her feel closer to her gods.

That is, if the gods, could hear her desperate prayers now, when she was so far away from them.

With wolf by her side, Zorya started fire, that made her soul unrestrained, the beautiful dress she was wearing was now, was ripped and covered with animal blood, because she needed to hunt herself an animal, and sacrifice it to her holly gods.

How beautiful sight it could be for the eye of a stranger, if their eyes didn't decide to judge. The beautiful, woman, with the hair, so beautiful, so long, that looked almost golden when the sun was shining down upon her. The glorious, wild animal, by her side howling, and standing there to protect the pagan princess.

Zorya's beautiful, and haunting prayers, were followed with howling of her wolf, that prayed along her. And their prayers were answered with the breathtaking melody that was produced by the nature itself.

"Svarog, Allfather, I am humbly begging you to protect my family and my people from evil, I am begging you to give them strength to survive the cruel wars, and even more cruel winter. And please, protect the soul of my dead brother, Yaropolk."

"Perun, son of Svarog, send thunder, loud enough for my people to hear, but tell them not to be afraid, tell them that it is just their princess, greeting them from the distant lands."

"Veles, you are a god of earth, a god of cattle, provide my people enough food to survive."

"Dazhbog, you are the one who gives, and we are all your children, you fly across the sky in you chariot pulled by four white horses with golden wings and you produce sunlight with a fire shield. Give sun to my people, they need it more than ever."