Strange Place

Zorya was left alone with the sweet, small but rather chubby woman in her forties who studied Zorya with her big, brown eyes

Zorya was left alone with the sweet, small but rather chubby woman in her forties who studied Zorya with her big, brown eyes. The maid didn't seem to be judging the pagan princess who felt like a complete stranger in her new home.

"Hello." Zorya smiled at the maid, trying to speak the language of Walnia. She learned a lot of it, and she was learning rather quickly but she still needed some time to get used to speaking this new language.

"It is my pleasure to meet you Princess Zorya. My name is Sarah and I will be taking care of you. Follow me to your chambers." Sarah answered to Zorya. She spoke slowly, and her voice was quite melodic.

"What about Kreshnik?" Zorya asked.

"It would be really kind of you to tie him in the yard." Sarah answered. Zorya immediately felt angry, why would she want to tie such a beautiful, wild animal that is meant to be free.

"Pardon me princess Zorya, it will be just permanently, until we find a better solution. People here are not used to see such an animal roaming around free. They could get scared." Sarah said giving her an apologetic look. Zorya didn't want to start making trouble as soon as she came to the castle, she had to understand that people of Walnia were distanced from nature and all its' wonders.

"Alright." Zorya answered.

"Follow me into the yard please." Sarah said with a smile leading her into the big yard that belonged to the castle. Zorya expected to see the untouched, wild nature but there were people who were taking care of the yard and everything was in the perfect order which was so annoying. Sarah lead her to the rather small house where the food was served for Kreshnik and where Zorya should tie him up.

"Since when do animals need houses?" Zorya mumbled in confusion taking the chain that was meant for her wolf. She had never in her life tied Kreshnik or left him alone before.

"Come on boy, this seem to be the rule of our new home, and we should respect it. You must forgive me about this. I will come to you soon, I promise." Zorya said patting her beloved friend and putting the chain around his neck. Kreshnik remained calm and allowed Zorya to tie her, as if he was able to understand the situation he was in.

"Good, now let's go to the chambers." Sarah said and Zorya nodded following her into her new room, wondering how this woman doesn't get lost around here.

Sarah took Zorya into the big room, with a new comfortable bed, bookshelf and a wardrobe full of new dresses. But that wasn't the first thing that Zorya noticed, the walls were filled with the paintings of the forests and animals. Also, she had a balcony, something she never saw before in the architecture of her people.

"Our King Darius ordered us to decorate your room like this." Sarah smiled.

Zorya stromed out to the balcony. The view in front of her was simply magnificent, she could see the sun, the trees, the houses, the churches, the people who seemed to be rushing around the streets.

"I like it. Thank you." Zorya said with a smile.

"I am glad princess. Now this is your bathroom, you make take your bath here, and I will take a care of your hair and appearance." Sarah said with a smile.

Zorya took relaxed washing her body and hair in the warm water using the soap that smelled like lavender. As soon as she was out of the bath, Sarah helped her choose simple but beautiful crimson dress with the golden details. Sarah took a care of her hair, and even placed some of the red on her lips, as well on her cheeks. Zorya learned that it was something woman in Walnia loved and they called it "makeup". But Zorya still kept a wooden necklace with kolovrat that Yaropolk gave her when he died.

"I think you look gorgeous princess! The King is going to love it!" Sarah smiled at Zorya who looked confused at the invention they called mirror, she usually looked at her reflection only in the water.

"Thank you Sarah, I really feel nice." Zorya replied with the smile on her face. She could get used to this.

"You are welcome dear princess. I almost forgot, King Darius ordered me take you to garden before the feast begins." Sarah said. Zorya smiled, and nodded following Sarah back in the yard where she felt slightly colder, the night was coming and the sun was slowly setting down.

"Come closer princess, I want to see you." Darius said to Zorya and she slowly approached him.

"I must say you look gorgeous. Red really suits you well." Darius said when he saw his beautiful queen to be. In this moment he really wished his eyes would allow him to see every little detail on her face.

"Thank you." Zorya answered feeling her cheeks slowly becoming the same shade of her dress. Darius looked rather handsome, dressed in black, with his brown hair that went down his shoulders, his eyes were damaged, but they were still beautiful.

"I owe you an apology, for not proposing you the way that you deserve." Darius began speaking but Zorya chuckled.

"If you were one of us, you would have to slay at least three wild bears, fight every male from my family and every single one of those who want to propose me as well." Zorya said making Darius smile.

"Well since I am from Walnia, I won't be doing something like that." Darius answered and got down on his knee, making Zorya gasp in surprise. He took a small box from his pocket and opened it revealing a beautiful ring inside, made of white gold, it had a stone in the middle, that represented the moon, and around the stone were the two wolves.

 He took a small box from his pocket and opened it revealing a beautiful ring inside, made of white gold, it had a stone in the middle, that represented the moon, and around the stone were the two wolves

"What are you doing? Get up!" Zorya said to him in embarrassment. But this moment made her feel nice, or rather way too nice. And the ring he was giving her, was the most beautiful piece of jewelry she ever saw in her entire life. She couldn't believe she was going to be given something so beautiful.

"Princess Zorya of Gora Nevskaya, would you like to accept me as your husband and become my Queen?" Darius asked with a smile on his face.

"I think it might be too late to turn you down now." Zorya chuckled.

"I should that as a yes, princess?" Darius asked. It was really important to hear those words from her, to hear her accepting this, because in his mind, he was still feeling as if he was forcing her to do this, and he wanted to do his best to make her feel comfortable.

"Of course." Zorya smiled.

In that moment Darius got up and placed the ring on her finger. Hearing those words from her, made everything so much easier.

Zorya chuckled at him, she wished she was able to find words to describe him how weird she thinks this place is at the times.

"The feast is about to begin, so shall we?" Darius asked giving her his hand.

"Let's go." Zorya answered taking his hand.