Alliance

The darkness felt so peaceful, so enchanting, but the pain in her body was still there, reminding her that she was still alive. The voices she heard around herself, they were human who spoke some strange language that she could not understand. Zorya struggled to open her eyes, realizing that there is so much of life in her left and that no matter what she wanted to continue to live.

Finally after the struggle, Zorya was able to open her eyes and look around herself to confirm that she was still alive. To her surprise she found herself in a comfortable bed, dressed in a black, oversized, man-like clothes. Her wounds were taken care of, even though her body was still slightly sore, but what was the most important, her loyal wolf was right there.

Kreshnik jumped happily when he saw her finally wake up.

"Hey there! Did you miss me? I know I missed you!" Zorya said and hugged her wolf tightly.

As soon as her voice was heard, the guards who were standing outside of her tents checked on her, which scared her slightly, especially when they spoke some words that she could not understand and then left her tent.

"Kreshnik, where are we?" Zorya asked.

But soon she recalled what had happened, about the battles, about Boris trying to burn her alive, and Darius saving her, but, why did he save her?

"I hear you are finally awake, I must say your beast is quiet disciplined, it didn't leave your side for the whole time and even allowed our medics to take a care of you." Darius said as he walked inside of her tent carrying the food and water for Zorya.

Only then she realized how hungry and thirsty she was.

"I...I have some questions." Zorya said.

"I think you might want to eat something first." Darius said and placed the hot meal and some water in front of her.

Immediately Zorya started eating, the meat and potatoes were still hot and it flattered all her senses.

"When is the last time you ate something?" Darius asked.

Zorya tried her best not to speak with her mouth full.

"Depends on how long was I asleep." Zorya answered.

"Almost two days."

"Two days?! I thought it was a couple hours! I...I need to go back to my parents! If Boris doesn't want to kill me..." Zorya said panicking.

"Calm down princess, we have a lot to talk about." Darius said.

"Why did you come? Why are you saving me? My life is ruined because of you and now I am your prisoner here! That is not going to happen!" Zorya said taking the knife she got for purpose to cut her meat. It was sharp enough to cut a throat as well...

"Zorya, it is alright. You are not my prisoner." Darius said trying to calm her down.

"Prove it! Let me leave your camp!" Zorya said gripping the knife.

"And where do you think you will go?" Darius asked. He didn't seem even threatened by the knife in her hand, he simply took a step forward.

"To the forest."

"That is not going to happen." Darius said taking another step forward her.

"Then I am your prisoner." Zorya said shivering at the feeling of his body came closer to her. A sense of danger and excitement awaken inside of her. This man was scaring her, she could not deny that, but she could not do anything to change that now, if she came back to her people, she would die instantly and Zorya decided that she wanted to live.

"Put the knife down and then we are going to talk." Darius said now too close to her, enough for her to feel his breath on her face. She almost winced feeling her hands shaking, taking a step back.

"What is it Zorya? You said you are not afraid of me. Now allow me to speak to you." Darius said as his hand touched her, hopping that he could calm her down. With hesitation Zorya finally decided to give in, she handed him the knife she was holding.

"Good, now let me explain everything." Darius said and placed the knife down. He sat down on the bed, and showed her to sit beside him.

"First, how did you know that we were coming when we arranged the surprise attack?" Zorya asked.

"I didn't. I was simply prepared, because I never developed a habit of trusting pagans, it turns out, that served me well." Darius answered.

"Why did you save me?"

"Soon after you came back from battle, and your brother decided to capture you, your mother wrote me a letter and sent it by the man she trusted. She wrote me that you were about to be burned alive by Boris because he suspected that you were a traitor, associated with me. I didn't want your blood on my hands, not like that." Darius answered.

"So mum asked you to save me..." Zorya said feeling emotional when she started thinking about her parents, and home that will never accept her back because of Boris and his accusations.

"Yes, but unfortunately you cannot go back home, your brother is still furious, and you are now even more suspicious when it comes to treason." Darius said.

"Then I assume I have to remain here and just let you kill my people and take their lands." Zorya said annoyed.

"No, there will be no more war."

"Then what?! Tell me already!" Zorya yelled.

"I will offer the alliance and peace to your brother that he won't be able to refuse, because he won't be able handle more of this war and my forces are exhausted as well." Darius said.

"And how do you think to make this alliance, even if Boris accepts that, other people won't." Zorya said.

Darius smiled and looked Zorya right into her eyes.

"You will marry me, Zorya." 

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed reading new chapter of my story! 

Please vote and comment, I would really appreciate your support!

Love you all, have a nice day!