What are brothers for?

Start from the beginning

He knew they made fun of him. He knew they didn't respect him anymore. He knew they hated him. He knew he doesn't deserve the respect and he couldn't let them drag his idol name in the mud with him. Why was Virat getting hate because of him?

And it hurt a little more because of that reason. He just couldn't face Virat after that, he just couldn't. He couldn't even bear to talk to Virat.

And now, here he is standing in front of Virat's home feeling like a bundle of mess and looking absolutely idiotic. Virat has summoned him in his home after the squad was declared and he was in it.

He was back in the blues and he knew Virat fought for him again. Virat wanted him in the team and so he was in the team. And he absolutely didn't know how to meet Virat now.

Gathering his scrambling guts. He knocked on the door, mentally preparing to greet Virat.

"Hey, Virat sorry for ignoring you. I was just not feeling like talking to you but it's not anything personal, alright cap, " yeah, he can absolutely imagine how well that conversation will go. Well, Virat will definitely hit him with a bat if he even dares to say something so stupid.

Rahul was still thinking about what excuse to make. He can't just tell Virat the truth, can he?? Virat will just hate him more if he let the truth out. So, he needs to think about some excuse fast.

How does "my phone was malfunctioning, " sound as an excuse?? He was thinking about all this when the door was opened by Rohit Sharma??

Rahul gulped watching Ro on the door. He thought it'll be Vi. Vi said it'll be only them then how come Ro is here now?

And watching Ro unconsciously the words of those players rang in his mind. Especially, the three words that signified Ro hated him.

Rahul couldn't help but look down, maybe he should leave. Maybe Ro wouldn't appreciate his presence around Vi. After all, everyone knew Rohirat were besties. Maybe Ro doesn't want him intruding.

He was thinking all this while Ro got impatient of standing on the door, "oye, Rahulia come inside already. I need to close this thing too. God knows why that stupid lazy insaan couldn't get the door, "

Rahul just nodded.

Entering tiger's...he means Virat's den. He was feeling like he was in for a very long lecture and maybe some taunts too.

But Ro acted as if everything was fine and the same. Like nothing changed.

"Umm...Ro...I mean Rohit, where is Virat??" Rahul corrected himself in time feeling he lost the right to call Rohit, Ro. After all, only his close friends and brothers get to call him that.

Rahul was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice the look that flashed on Ro's face.

"In the kitchen making nimbupani and let me tell you it tastes yuck. There should be some kind of law banning him from the kitchen, " Rohit continued complaining about Virat's cooking skills and Rahul continued listening in a daze.

Not getting, what was wrong with the people around him. Shouldn't Ro despise him?? Shouldn't Rohit be angry and shouting at him? Then why on the whole earth Ro is complaining about Virat?

Why is he acting so familiar?? Why is he acting like this?

Rahul was still lost in thoughts when they reached the living room and Virat was sitting with three glasses. Looking absolutely happy.