~G.O.A.T Bond~

It was another boring, way to monotonous day in the life of one Bhuveneshwar Kumar. Since, the day he had been injured and had to return back home. Everything seemed repetitive to him. It was the same old routine and Bhuvi wanted to do something, something to break the monotonous routine, he had fallen into.

And as they say, to much free time leads to over-thinking, overthinking leads to making up of things and then that leads to more overthinking sadness, gloom and unwarranted fears and Bhuvi had been thinking about all these things from the past few free months, after all, injuries have destroyed careers of more important people then him.

And not being there with his team, with his family, was a very suffocating feeling. Bhuvi couldn't define it in words. It was strangling him everyday.

What if they didn't want him in the team anymore? After all, better youngsters had taken up the mantle and were doing the job well too. Was he really needed in the team anymore? Bhuvi didn't know, he just wanted to be there, with his brothers, even as an extra. He didn't mind sitting out if he just could be there.

But he couldn't be for he was injured.

And so, he was stuck up here, repeating the same routine everyday. He has gotten so tired of it. He didn't know what to do anymore? Unknown to Bhuvi, Nupur had been noticing his distress everyday and so when Bhuvi complained for the millionth time of being bored, Nupur simply suggested him to have a QnA session on Insta.

After pondering a little, Bhuvi decided to go with the idea. Well, it sounded like something new to him. After all, He wasn't really active on social media like some kid in his team were. He even installed and uninstalled all social media apps on his phone beside Whatsapp like every few days, depending on his mood. He wasn't at all made for social media but since he was absolutely bored and over-thinking more than Virat, he decided to give the idea an go.

He started the QnA session on Insta and thousands of questions graced his inbox. But one, one made him think, tugging at the most precious memory string of his mind, reminding him of a brother, he could never describe in a one word.

"Hello Bhuvi, One word to describe skipper Virat"

Okay, how the hell he describes Virat in a single word? Virat-his Virat, can't ever fit a single word. How to describe the guy he knows in one word? His brother, his friend, his roommate, his strength, his shield, his skipper, his Virat.

Memories swirled in his mind, the aggressive almost brash lad he had seen playing for Delhi in Ranji trophy. And then the silent support beside him in his RCB days. Bhuvi remembered the gloom surrounding him when he wasn't given any chance to play in the 2009 IPL in a RCB led by Kevin Peterson and even 2010 season led by Anil Kumble. He might not have played for RCB ever but he had made some quite good friends there while bowling in the nets.

Virat being one of them. The young lad just like him wasn't having a good season too but he always chatted with Bhuvi. Sometimes laughing, sometimes teasing, sometimes just being totally overbearing. He was a strange mix, so different from the people they had grown up watching on the screens. He was brash, he was aggressive and he totally backed his attitude defiantly.

He was different and Bhuvi's teammate, acquaintance and friend.

And then he was their in the world cup squad while Bhuvi still was struggling.

He was part of the world cup squad and they weren't in much contact anymore. After all, he wasn't a part of RCB anymore. The December of 2012 brought happiness for him. He got selected for the national team. He was nervous, unsure and a bundle of anxieties.

He didn't meet anyone from the team first. He didn't see the MSD, Gautam Gambhir, Virendra Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh or even Suresh Raina. He was just greeted by the team manager informing him about his room number and he had to share the room with another member of the team. He didn't inform which member though and Bhuvi didn't mind sharing much, after all, in Ranji teams you always had to share. So, he was experienced.