I open the wooden glass door and as usual, the bell rings out which makes Louis shout a "Just a second!". I laugh, taking off my beanie and make my way behind the counter, checking the register of what the time is. Just in time.

"Morning, Lou," I say, greeting my best mate in the backroom. He raises his head, grinning widely.

"Morning, sunshine." He teases and I roll my eyes, taking off my jacket and hanging it besides Louis'.

"You know I despise that nickname, Louis." I groan, putting on our staff uniform. Or rather, the staff jumper. Louis' isn't a fan of professional staff uniforms, he rather likes it when it's a bit more personal. That's why our "staff uniform" is based on black jeans, a grey jumper that has the logo of the coffee shops name, as well as our name embroidered on the side. We have casual black aprons, with a name tag as well on them.

"That my friend is why I love calling you that." Louis smirks, giving my bum a slight pat before taking out the freshly baked bread, putting it on a cooling rack. I roll my eyes and wash my hands before making my way out to the register, ready to clean our equipment and make the counter look appealing.

Let me tell you a little story.

Louis and I have been best mates since high school. My mum and I moved from Ireland and came here to England, to start off with a clean slate. That's when I met Louis, he was living just across the street from our new house. We hit it off straight away.

We did everything together, we walked to school together, we had classes together, we ate lunch together, we had footie practice together. We were inseparable. Some even thought we were a couple, which Louis and I only took the piss off.

We would laugh so hard when he would kiss my cheek and people looked at us with wide eyes. He would even go so far as kissing me, yes kissing me on the lips. I would fake gag and push the idiot away, laughing loudly afterwards while wiping my lips. We had so much fun, but then it would be all over.

High school was coming to an end and we were so sad, thinking that we would end up in two different places. I didn't know what I wanted to do, I just knew that university wasn't my future. Not because I didn't enjoy learning new things or feel like educating myself further.

But because it just didn't feel right for me. I liked to work, I liked to work during the mornings and then not having to be anxious over exams, presentations and homework. I wanted to be in an environment that made me learn new things, but at the same time get to know people of different eras. I wanted to see the world in another perspective, without having to learn it through a textbook of what Rosa Park did. I didn't want to read about someone like her. I wanted to meet someone like her.

That is when I told Louis I won't be going to university, and let me tell you. I was freaking out, I thought the lad would chop my head off for not wanting to educate myself further and wouldn't want to talk to me again. Fortunately for me, Louis started to cry and tell me that he never wanted to continue going to school either. That night, I knew that Louis was my soulmate.

Before you jump into conclusion, I knew he was my friend soulmate, almost like my brother I guess you could say. I know that two gay dudes that are best friends, sounds nothing like a friendship but more like a relationship. It just never was right for us. I mean, when Louis would kiss me I would pretend to be sick because it was that disgusting to feel his lips on mine.

So, after we two graduated, we packed our belongings and started to travel the world. We started here in Europe, going to different countries and it lasted about 2,5 months here in Europe. Then, we took a small break to visit our parents, before hitting it off to the road once again.