Just another red carpet

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Gary, I'm pretty sure that he is straight." She commented to her friend when Robert left her at the gallery after lunch.

"Yeah I know, but there's no harm in enjoying the view, now is there?" Gary smiled wide.

Now and then Robert showed up and took her out for dinner after work. "Honestly Isa, you need yo eat." He looked at her with reproving eyes.

Isa looked surprised at him. "I am eating."

"Yes, because I'm forcing you."

She didn't know what he was talking about, sure her jeans wasn't as slim as they used to be and she had to buy a size or two smaller than usual, but she hadn't lost that much weight, had she?

Robert suggested that they'd go clubbing as well, but that was definitely her limit. A hard limit. Last time they were clubbing; Morgan had been by her side, and Isa couldn't bare the thought of suddenly being in the limelight or camera flashes and having nowhere to run.

She'd rather just stay home.

Luckily, Ellen needed someone to babysit Estelle for her and Isa was more than happy to oblige. Even if winter was upon them, she bundled herself and Estelle up and took her for a stroll through Central Park, trying hard to avoid the spot where Morgan and she had their epic picnic.

Isa had a lovely day, talking to her little niece, seeing her brighten up in a smile, and just a few minutes later, fall into a deep sleep. Oh how easy it was being a baby, as long as there were people to provide for the basic needs, like food, comfort and clean diapers. Who provides the comfort when you're an adult?

~ ~ ~

At the end of his second week of hiatus, Robert was in contact with his agent and after ending the call, he walked straight into Isa's room. "I have a gala coming up." He said. "And you have to come with me."

"No."

"Yes, I need a date; and you're it!"

Her body has gone into panic attack instantly. "Call Wilma; she can be your date! I'm not." Isa saw him flinch from her words, but she wasn't ready, what if Morgan would be there? "I can't," she whispered.

"I'll be the only one from Possibilities that will attend this thing, and it's not a convention, it's a premiere; you'll be fine," he reassured her. Isa just closed her eyes, terrified to say yes, but feeling really bad to Robert for saying no.

Eventually she had gone through the pro's and con's so thoroughly that she could afford herself to say yes. Morgan would be somewhere else, and that comforted her. She didn't want to risk running into him with someone else.

Robert and Isa grabbed a flight to the west coast and after a couple of hours they arrived at a hotel-room, accompanied as expected by journalists and photographers.

Hollywood; this magical place of make-believe's. Perhaps Isa could pretend for one night that she was okay?

A black stretch limo was waiting to take them to this spectacle and as they arrived in a line of other stretch limos, they saw huge searchlights, beaming up in the sky. A red carpet was laid out and applauds, mixed with whistles greeted the guests as they arrived. Isa was clad in a long black dress with sequences, that Morgan had bought her. It hung a bit on her body due to the weight-loss during these last six months, but it was stunning. Photoflashes met them and all Isa could do was glue on that official smile to hide the grinding teeth beneath and hook her arm in Roberts.

Reporters greeted them, and soon they were throwing questions about Robert and Isa, versus Morgan and her. Isa had hoped to be anonymous, but they had unfortunately not forgotten about her.