Don't Mess Up

The bus came to a stop when we finally got to the hotel we all would be staying at for the night, you were awoken by Bonham again, everyone was grabbed their bags and leaving the bus once you finally got up. You got your bag that you knew you would need for the night and morning and made your way off the bus. Once you got off you were greeted by Jimmy, who grabbed your bag. 

"look, I'm sorry about earlier, I don't want this whole tour to be us at each other's throats, this doesn't change anything between us but if you do your job well, maybe it will," he said carrying your bag into your hotel room. you nodded and looked at him "thanks, for helping and for getting me this job" you sat down on the bed and looked around "so, when should I meet you guys to go get the show set up?" you asked looking up at him. he looked at the clock, "about 5, you have to be there earlier, and you have to stay for the shows so you can pack up as well". you nodded and watched he walked off. there might not be any chance of repairing your relationship with him, but at least he wasn't going to completely avoid you now. 

You didn't have much more time, so you just quickly changed into jean shorts and a band tee, a grateful dead one to be exact. you walked out and ran into Robert, he was just walking by to go to his room, he looked you up and down and stopped. He placed his hands on his hips, "your Jimmys sister right? our new roadie?".  you nodded "yes sir" you stammered, he was more gorgeous in real life rather than just in photos, it was hard to believe you would ever really talk to him, let alone see him face to face. "Well then, it's nice to have you here, but love, this is a zeppelin concert, not a dead concert. maybe change your shirt" he winked and went to his room and closed the door. maybe he was right, you didn't want to cause any future issues so you went back and put on a zeppelin shirt and went back out. You spotted Bonham, you went up to him and smiled. "hey john, you ready to go to the venue?". He looked at you and nodded, "yeah, the venue is across the street, let's unload the drums first so we can get that out of the way". you nodded and went to the bus with the drummer. 

We took the cases across the busy street one by one, you had to roll the cases since you were yet able to carry them without risking dropping them due to their weight, plus you didn't want to risk it since you were crossing such a busy road.  Once you guys got all the drum equipment across and on the stage, you unpacked all of them and John had shown you how to set it up properly. He explained it so well you actually believed you could set this up on your own next time. You unpacked the drum seat and sticks holder and set them up and put his drum sticks in the holder. "Hey, thanks again for helping me with this, it means a lot," you said, sitting down on the seat and looking up at him. "yeah, it's not a problem at all kiddo if you need any more help just come find me or another roadie, remember to finish by 7". He walked off and you were on your own now. 

You went back across the street and got Jimmy's guitars and brought them over to the venue. You placed his main guitar on stage on its stand and put the others on the side racks on the side stage. You did the same for the basses and the mic. You had 20 minutes to kill so you walked over to the phone, put a quarter in the register and called your boyfriend, Steven, since you didn't get to properly talk to him before. You leaned on the wall and played with the phone cord as you waited for him to pick up. On the 5th ring, he finally answered, "hello?" he asked on the other line. "Hey stevey, it's me," you said with a smile "sorry I had to go so quickly earlier.". "oh its okay, don't worry about it, has everything been going smoothly so far?". 
"Yeah. Jimmy hasn't been a complete dick and the rest of the band seems fine with me. I just got all the equipment set up". 
"well, that's good, so do you know how long you'll be away for?"
you sighed and looked around "no, all I know is it's for the summer, which could lead to October. I'll let you know when we're close to the end of the tour" 
you heard him sigh as well "alright, well, hopefully, you'll be back before then. I don't know how I feel about you being around all the rockstars like this"
You rolled your eyes and groaned "I think you can trust me steven"
"I know I can but still." 
You looked over and saw the band getting ready to go out on stage, you didn't want to miss the concert plus you were starting to get pretty fed up with Steven. "look I got to go, I'll call you later, I love you"
"bye, I love you too! make smart choices!"

You didn't even bother to respond, you just hung up. He acts like you the one to cheat, unlike him. You saw that the band had entered onto the stage already and started the show, you walked over and watched in awe on the sidelines. You watched how the crowd practically melted over them. Between Roberts's vocals and the rhythm of all the instruments, it was practically hypnotizing to see live rather than just listen over radio or vinyl.  

Seeing them perform live was truly a sight to see, between each movement Robert made, with twisting his waist around an swinging his hips rhythmically to the beat of Bonham's drums and Jimmy, and JP's riffs on guitar and bass, it truly was hypnotizing as well, hell the whole show was hypnotizing, it was like you were on ecstasy without even having to take the drug, even though you were sure it was being passed around in the crowd amongst all the aspiring groupies. 

The show dragged on for hours, the band didn't want to stop but you couldn't blame them. the crowd was so energetic and wanted more Zeppelin, but it was trying your patience, you wanted to get this over with so you could pack up and hopefully go back to your room and get some sleep. The band played their final songs as you already started to bring the instrument cases over to the side of the stage so that you could pack up the instruments and put them on the bus. Another roadie helped you as well, and another packed all the spare, unused guitars away and already put them back on the bus. 

Robert took his final bow and the curtains had closed. everyone put their instruments down on their stands, the band came off and paid no attention to the others off stage, but you notice that Robert glanced at you, it sent butterflies to your stomach, but you ignored it. it was nothing. 

you got all the instruments in their cases, including the dreaded drums and brought them all to the bus and fast as you could and got them all to put away properly. you made you way back across the street and went backstage, you didn't know if the band needed you for anything else so you stuck around them just to be safe, you ignored Robert, although he didn't seem that interested since he had a groupie to deal with. 

"Hey, let's all go to the bar" Jimmy piped up, the rest of the band was on board with this decision, even though you were already tired after having to haul all the instruments back onto the bus, you figured a drink or two wouldn't hurt any. Besides, maybe you could use this as an opportunity to get to know the rest of the band a bit better, or maybe even be able to catch up a bit with James- er Jimmy.