Chapter 4: Clashing

Start from the beginning

I stayed until closing, much to her chagrin. She complained constantly as she cleaned, sending me away to a clean corner so she could finish cleaning off the bar. She finally finished everything around three in the morning. She came over to my table with a glass of what I guessed was whiskey and sat down.

"I think you're well beyond your promised hours of babysitting," she said bitterly, wincing as she removed her heels, pressing her fingers into the soles of her feet.

"You trying to kick me out, sugar?" I teased, leaning forward and grabbing her foot.

"What are you doing?" She squeaked, pulling her foot back.

"Relax," I said, setting her foot on my knee and pressing my fingers into the sole.

She moaned and threw her head back. Fuck. I could get used to seeing that.

"You shouldn't have worn those heels all night," I scolded.

"I was trying to get good tips and it worked, thank you very much," she scowled, biting her lip and closing her eyes as I pressed into her foot.

"Bet the tips would've been higher if you would've just taken your top off. You're halfway to a stripper as it is."

I knew it would piss her off. Her eyes snapped open and she glared at me, yanking her foot back.

"Who are you? My parent?" She snapped.

"No, sugar. Definitely not that," I chuckled, grabbing her other foot. "I guarantee I haven't felt fatherly towards you for one moment."

"Then what do you feel towards me?" She challenged, crossing her arms.

My eyes dropped down to her perfect body then back up to her face. She noticed the look, I could tell by the blush forming on her face.

"What do you feel towards me?" I countered, setting her foot down and leaning forward. "I wasn't the only one staring at your body all night but I'm the only one getting a blush."

She inhaled sharply and swallowed, darting her eyes away. "I asked first," she clipped, bringing her eyes back to me. "You act weird around me. Different than you do around Tammy. So what is it? What do you want from me?"

"Oh, sugar, don't you already know?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "I want the same thing you want."

"And what's that?" She asked, her tone sounding uncertain.

"To fuck you," I said bluntly.

Her eyes widened and the blush came back with a vengeance. She smoothed her hand over her ponytail and swallowed hard, crossing her legs.

"You can't tell me you don't want it," I continued, leaning back in my seat. "You've been staring at me, too."

Her eyes came back to me and drifted down my body. When her eyes returned she sat up straighter, meeting my gaze head on.

"Dan would kill both of us," she said, biting her lip.

She was right. I should back down. I should back down right now before I make it worse. But fuck, those lips, I wanted to kiss them.

"Danny doesn't need to know," I said, setting my hand on her knee.

She bit down on her lip, her hands clasping together in her lap. "How do I know you're worth the effort?"

Oh. That's how she wanted to play it. I narrowed my eyes at her and rose from my chair. I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her until she was standing, dropping my head down to her ear, brushing my fingers against her neck.