O4- prologue

T H E  D A I L Y  P R O P H E T   ( 3 1 st  O C T O B E R , 1 9 8 1 )

THE BOY WHO LIVED,

     Harry James Potter, the one year old son of James and Lilly Potter of Godrics Hollow, has been found to be the change, and the person the Wizarding World has hoped for since He who shall no be named gained power.

    The one year old boy is now the first known person to have survived the killing curse, escaping it with merely a scar on his forehead at the age of one.

   He has gained fame, power, and recognition in only one night, with the sacrifice of his parents. James and Lily Potter are now dead, personally killed by He Who Shall Not Be Named. When he aimed to kill young Harry, the spell is thought to have rebounded on his instead, causing him to have debatebly, finally died.

   The cause of James and Lily Potter's death, was that their own friend Sirius Black, turned out to be a spy for He who shall not be named, and gave the information of their location away.

    He has been caught, and imprisoned, and is now, at this moment in Azkaban to serve his entire life there.

Sirius Black is also responsible for the murder of twelve muggles, along with his ex friend, Peter Pettigrew, who confronted him after Lily and James' death.

    Not only did James, Lily and Peter die today, but Sirius Black's own wife did too. He had become so heartless and power hungry that he didn't turn a hair, while sending his master to his wife's doom.

   Sirius Black's wife also gave birth to a little girl, three years ago, by the name of Jessica Lily Black, her middle name after Sirius Black's so called friend's wife. Jessica has no other option but to be sent to an Orphanage, around the block, as she has no relatives, capable of taking care of her.

"Shit," Remus Lupin muttered as he dropped the newspaper onto a table, and raced out of his house to the Ministry of Magic.

"I would like to meet the Minister, it's urgent!" Remus said to a bored looking woman, sitting on the front desk.

"The Minister is busy. I'm sure you know all about it, You know who's downfall, the boy who lived, and everything of the sort." she said, "I'm afraid he hasn't got the time on his schedule to meet ordinary folk today."

"Ordinary? In case you don't know, I'm Remus Lupin. James and Lily Potter's friend. That counts for something, yeah?"

"Remus Lupin?" the woman asked, checking a register on her desk, "oh yeah, the Werewolf," Remus flinched, "I'm afraid that doesn't help your case."

"Remus?" came a voice, and Remus whipped his head around to see the Minister of Magic, Millicent Bagnold, "What are you doing here? I don't think it's good for you to roam on and about, I know how hard all this must be for you, you should get some rest."

"No thank you, Minister." Remus said grimly, "I have something important to talk to you about, please. It's really urgent."

Millicent frowed, "Remus, I don't have much time. I just came out here for a breath of wind from all the work —"

"I won't take long." Remus persuaded, "Please Minister, please."

Millicent sighed, "Alright then, follow me to my office."

"I'm repeating this again, Remus. I do not have much time. Ten minutes at most, or someone will start shamming me for not being a good Minsister." Millicent said, with a tone of humor, which didn't bring even the smallest of smiles to Remus' face.

"I read the Daily Prophet today — it's about Jessica. Trust me Millicent, when I say that she is no ordinary girl. Sirius may have turned out to be on the other side, and a spy, but you have to admit, he's got talent. And look at Jessica's mother, for goodness sake, she was pure brilliance. It's no wonder that Jessica isn't your typical toddler. She could string out full sentences, since she was six months old."

"What are you getting at?" Millicent raised her eyebrow.

"I'm saying that kids who live at Orphanages, get talent literally sucked out of them, like happiness gets sucked by Dementors, Millicent." Remus said, "Let me keep her."

"Let you keep her? Remus, you're a grieving — I don't want to say it, but — Werewolf —"

"So you're saying that you don't trust me on this? Millicent, it't not Jessica's fault that her father was a bloody murderer, she doesn't deserve to suffer. Let me raise her, and offer her am attempt at a normal life."

"I don't know about that, Remus. I think she'd be better off at the Orphanage. She does have Black blood in her after all, she'll survive."

"Millicent, you have kids. How would it feel if you died and your husband was a serial killer, and they had to be sent to an Orpahange, for something that isn't even their fault, how would it feel, Millicent?" Remus asked.

Millicent sighed, and took off her glasses, "Fine. But you're not adopting her. You're just her guardian for until she becomes of age. And you will tell her the truth. Who her father was, and what he did. She deserves to know."

"I will. I'll tell he everything. That freaking traitor doesn't deserve his daughter's admiration." Remus said.