Chapter 3: Blizzard

~*~ Echogreen ~*~

It struck hard and fast.

The little town of Berk was not given a chance even to think. Not even Gothi could have predicted this.

The blizzard was horrific. I was walking with Diamondspirit talking about Paintsplash and Toothless. They had gotten married a while back and we were speculating what would happen after the marriage when Diamondspirit’s prosthetic wing started to creak.

I looked at him and he looked at me back.

“Blizzard.” We both said.

Seconds later we were running - as Diamond couldn’t fly with his wing creaking all over the place - to Berk to warn all the others.

Everyone was  inside their houses - I think Hiccup had ordered it, but I was sure.

Diamondspirit and I hurried over to the Great Hall where the dragons living on, or visiting, Berk were supposed to go in event of a humongous storm.

It was eerily quiet and cold. I shivered slightly and looked around. The Great Hall's doors were open, but that was to be expected as there were still a few dragons filtering in. I saw Hookfang in a corner with a purple-blue Monstrous Nightmare.

That must be Dawn. I thought. For the past few weeks, Hookfang had been trying to hook up with one of the Nightmares from the Intrepidus tribe.

The Intrepidus Tribe was a small village on a rather large sea stack a few kilometers away from Berk. Hiccup had discovered it the day after I came to Berk.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

That’s the last sound I heard before all I could see was white.

The scary thing wasn’t the weird sound right before the snow struck. The scary thing wasn’t the speed of how the snow came. The scary thing wasn’t that the skies were totally clear before there was snow. The scary thing wasn’t that there were fifty mile an hour winds. The scary thing wasn’t that Gothi didn’t predict this.

The scary was this: There was no sound.

I’m serious! There was absolutely no sound. All of the sudden it was white and wind was beating against our doors. It was horrific.

I leaned up against Diamondspirit and he put his wing protectively around me. I certainly hoped that we would be able to make it through. I was too young to die!

THUMP 

Diamondspirit lifted his wing slightly. I peered around his broad shoulder and gasped. A hole was torn through the Great Hall's front doors.

That wasn't the most amazing thing, though. A woman was laying limp at the entrance of the door. She had a brown cloak with sleeves on. She was laying on her back so I don't know what else she was wearing. 

I walked curiously toward her. She smelled slightly familiar. I looked back to Diamondspirit, but he was already walking over to asist me. 

We managed to lift the woman up and carry her to the fire. 

Meanwhile, a few dragons walked to the entrance and lifter their wings to keep the hole covered. 

Hiccup walked over. "Who's this?" he asked me.

I don't know, but there was a loud thud and she was suddenly here. 

Hiccup nodded and rolled her over. He called for Astrid and she hurried over. 

"What?"

"Look." 

Astrid's eyes traveled over to the woman. 

"Who -"

"Don't know."

"Ah."

Both of them were quiet. 

"So ... should we leave her like this?" Hiccup asked.

"Leave me with her. When she wakes up, it'll be better if there's another female human to greet her."

Hiccup nodded. "Very well." Hiccup stood up, nodded at me, kissed Astrid on the cheek, and walked over to where a group of Terrors were shivering.