Once Lost, Now Found

Start from the beginning

Wei Ying remembers that SiZhui was personally taught by Lan Zhan how to play the enquiry, and jealousy raises it's ugly head once again.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying bites out.

"Mn?" Lan Zhan says, turning towards Wei Ying and wiping his tears.

"Tell me the truth Lan Zhan, why does SiZhui's pain affect you so?"

"He is a Lan." Lan Zhan says, without making eye contact.

"Yet, I have never seen you cry or loose your composure for anyone else." Wei Ying says accusingly.

Lan Zhan remains quiet.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Ying's tone softens, "Is SiZhui special?"

"Mn."

"Do you love him?"

"Mn." Lan Zhan nods, turning to look at SiZhui once more.

Tears run down Wei Ying's cheek, 'So you being with me was you taking pity on me after all... ' Wei Ying thinks, looking at Lan Zhan, who seems to have his eyes glued to where SiZhui is sitting and crying.

'Lan Zhan, if it's SiZhui that you want, then who am I to come between you?' Wei Ying thinks, now looking at how the young disciple is crying after being told of Lan Zhan's disappearance.

'Don't worry, SiZhui, I will clear the misunderstanding. I will make sure that I save you and all the others, and then leave.... The world is big... And I have walked this lonely bridge alone before, I can do it again.' Wei Ying pledges. Wiping his tears, he puts a comforting hand on his husband's shoulder.

"Lan Zhan, don't worry. I will not let anything happen to him." Wei Ying says, smiling towards his husband.

Lan Zhan nods without looking at Wei Ying.

The two men watch as Su She snaps his fingers and SiZhui falls unconscious once again.
There after, Su She walks out, telling the guards that he will be back after checking the parameter.

The two men wait till Su She walks outside.

"I think he must have already contacted Meng Yao, and let him know that the situation is under control." Wei Ying guesses.

Lan Zhan nods, "The soldiers are relaxed as well. We need the soldiers to leave as well."

Wei Ying nods, "I can draw a talisman, that can make them hallucinate. What if I make them see that the corpses are trying to harm them? After all, Meng Yao as well as Su She are aware that they can't control the undead corpses fully."

"How do we get the talisman on them?" Lan Zhan asks.

"Paper man." Wei Ying answers and adds, "Instead of drawing the talisman, I will recite it to the paper man. It can approach the soldiers unnoticed and whisper it in their ears. Slowly, one by one, they will hear the undead corpses making a racket outside and leave. And that will give us a chance to free the boys."

Lan Zhan agrees and the two men devise a plan to rescue the young boys without giving Su She a chance to alert Meng Yao.

Once the plan is in place, Wei Ying summons the paper man and whispers the spell to him.

The two watch, as the paper man does the task perfectly, and returns to Wei Ying.

The two guards, slowly open their eyes.

"Did you hear that?" One of them asks.

The other nods, and panicking a little, the two men leave the hall.

Lan Zhan runs to SiZhui, and checks his vitals, while Wei Ying runs to Jin Ling.

"They have been sedated using demonic music. It was probably Su She himself, who used the Ying Iron to achieve this."

"Mn." Lan Zhan acknolodges, before adding, "We should get the kids to the tunnel."

Wei Ying nods and takes out Subian. He cuts a small pieces of clothing from each boy's robes and arranges them on the floor hall, where the boys were lying unconscious.

Chanting a spell under his breath, Wei Ying makes the pieces of clothing vibrate, and a few seconds later, the pieces morph into the boys themselves.

Lan Zhan looks at his husband with eyes brimming with pride.

The two men, then carry the boys one by one to Wei Ying's old jingshin.

Wei Ying checks SiZhui's vitals and after Lan Zhan has put a silencing spell over the area once again, Wei Ying takes out Chenqing, and plays an eerie tune.

Slowly SiZhui regains consciousness. He opens his eyes and they fall on Lan Zhan.
"Hanguang Jun." The boy whispers and smiles, but almost immediately he looks to his side.

He finds Wei Ying smiling at him with sad eyes.

The boy, without hesitation throws his arms around Wei Ying's neck and hugs him tight. "Senior Mo... Wei gege!" He exclaims.

"What did you call me?" Wei Ying asks, taken aback by the young disciple's words.

SiZhui breaks the embrace and wipes his tears, "Wei gege, I have missed you... sorry, I couldn't recognize you earlier."

"Mn!?" Wei Ying blinks, and looks at Lan Zhan, "Lan Zhan, I am sorry, but it looks like your boy has suffered a mental breakdown."

Lan Zhan crouches down next to the two people he loves the most, and hugs them.

"Did you get your memories back?" Lan Zhan asks, to a brightly smiling SiZhui.

"Yes, Hanguang Jun. Thank you for bringing Wei gege to me." The boy says, bowing to Lan Zhan.

"Excuse me, but what the fuck are you guys talking about!?" Wei Ying asks, feeling like he has miscalculated certain things.

"Wei Ying, SiZhui is...A Yuan... Wen Yuan. Your...our, A Yuan..." Lan Zhan informs.

{Note :- That's it for this update. And for a change, it's not a cliffhanger 😁

I updated Us and Them a few days ago with the chapter 'Shots of Vinegar' putting it here for those who may have missed it.

I want to thank all of you who nominated The Lonely Bridge, Dusk and Dawn, Us and Them and Mine' to protect and to serve ' in the Readers Choice awards. ❤❤❤❤

Those who want to nominate, but haven't done so, here is the user profile and the nomination procedure.

You can nominate how many ever books you want, but, you can only nominate one book once.

ReadersChoiceAward

Go to the '2020 Reader's Choice Awards' book

Click on the second chapter, 'Nominations'

Scroll to where the categories are mentioned, and leave an inline comment.

Eg, 
Fanfiction category -> an inline comment -> 'The Lonely Bridge by @GandalfofspaceAnli'

Here are the categories in which you can nominate my books:-

The Lonely Bridge in Fanfiction

Dusk and Dawn in Fanfiction

Us and Them in Fanfiction

Mine 'To Protect and to Serve' in Fantasy

The Accidental Pet in Adventure

Snippets from my wandering soul in Poetry

❤Thank you❤

Please Vote to show your support for this update if you have enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading.
Have a nice day.}