She raised her eyebrows, "Why would he think that?"

"Well, I may or may not talk about you obsessively when I'm drunk. And I only allow Ric to see me when I'm drunk." He said jokingly, causing her to laugh out loud.

"Oh really?" She egged him on.

"And maybe a little bit when I'm sober too," He winked at her. He brought two plates over for them and sat down across from her. Eating breakfast with her felt so domestic and he never expected he would enjoy it so much. Damon Salvatore was not the domestic type. But he knew nothing was impossible if Elena was involved. He smiled at the thought.

"So, where is Saint Stefan?" He asked, interrupting the pleasant silence.

"Oh that's right, I forgot we didn't talk about this last night. Caroline and Bonnie are with him right now at her grams' house. Caroline thinks she can get him back on track," She replied.

"Really?" He asked, surprised. She nodded.

"Are you okay with that?" He asked concernedly.

"I guess, I mean, it hasn't really sunk in yet. But, I think it's our best shot. Caroline has exceptional control and if she can't help him, Bonnie's a witch so there must be some spell she can perform on him." She stated confidently.

He nodded slowly, popping a bite of french toast into his mouth. Elena did the same and said, "This is amazing by the way. I'm looking forward to finding out what else you know how to make,"

He smirked. "Anything you want, you name it baby, I'll make it."

She knew he was serious about it too, even though his tone was humorous.

"Distract me from all this, tell me about New York," she changed the subject.

"How demanding you are," he teased causing her to chuckle. "New York is one of my favorite cities in the world. And that's saying a lot, considering I'm 174 years old and have traveled to many places," He started with a wink. "I have a stunning two-bedroom flat that overlooks central park. I bought it in the late 90's after I graduated from Columbia."

"You went to Columbia?" She asked, surprised.

"Are you surprised?" He asked.

"A little, I didn't think you would care about things like college after becoming a vampire," she stated.

"I didn't at the beginning. But I went through periods of wanting to be something more than just a bloodthirsty vampire. So i went to college, multiple times actually. I have seven degrees, mostly in business and finance. My most impressive would have to be from Yale. Although I might have had to compel myself into the college," He said with a wink.

Elena was now sitting with her hand propped under her chin, smiling at him, completely intrigued. "You never fail to surprise me, Salvatore."

"I know. It's one of my many talents," He said with a smirk.

"So how do you afford such a nice apartment? I'm sure it's not cheap." She asked.

"Well, I had to do something with all those degrees, so I became a stockbroker for awhile. I was pretty good at it too, I made lots of money, rose up the corporate ladder, I only stopped when I decided to come back to visit my little brother," He paused, and she raised her eyebrows telling him to continue. "And I'm very happy I did, because if I hadn't, I wouldn't have met you," He finished, looking at her sincerely and reaching across the table to hold her hand.

She almost wanted to cry. It was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever said to her.

"I'm happy you decided to come back too," she responded sweetly.