Teleporter

Third person POV

As Winston calibrates various things on his monitor, he calls out to his colleagues.

Winston: Everything in place, Dr. Ziegler?!
Mercy All clear, Winston!

He checks something on his monitor again.

Winston: Mei, if you would check the Polycrite filaments, please?!
Mei: Sure thing, Winston.

Winston shifts his attention to his control panel. Suddenly a girl appears beside him with a flash of blue light.

Tracer: How's it coming along, Winston?
Winston: Lena! It's going smoothly so far. Though, if you be so kind as to plug in the power coil?
Tracer: Sure thing, love!

She blinks over to the large wire. As she attaches it to the wall, Mei leans out from behind the machine.

Mei: Everything's in place, Winston!

Tracer blinks back to Winston. Now that everything was in place and ready to go, all that was left to do was turn it on.

Winston: Time to see if this works.
Tracer: No need to worry, love. If anyone can figure out long range teleportation, it's you.

Winston, having had confidence instilled in him, presses a few buttons and flips a switch. The portal suddenly turned on.

Winston: It works! Hahahaa! It works!

Everyone starts to celebrate, until Mercy calls out some bad news.

Mercy: Energy readings just spiked!

Suddenly, electricity starts to crackle inside the teleporter. Then both of the filaments shoot out of their sockets.

Winston: Shut it down!
Mei: We can't! It's drawing power from somewhere else!
Winston: Where?!

Mei checks the monitor to see where the Portal is drawing power from.

Mei: The other side?!

Before anyone has a chance to say anything, the portal explodes and knocks everyone to the ground. When they get up, the room is filled with dust, limiting visibility.

Winston: Is everyone alright?!
Tracer: Never better!
Mercy: I'm okay!
Mei: I'm fine!

Suddenly a brief noise fills the room, surprising everyone.

Tracer: What was that?

Her and Winston get up, gather with the others in the middle of the room and investigate the noise. Another noise fills the room then another.

Mei: Is that... barking?

Then a silhouette appears in the dust. The group stands ready in case it might be hostile. When the silhouette emerges from the dust it's...

Mercy: A dog?

The dog they're looking at is a German Shepard. It runs p to them, then it paws at Tracer.

Tracer: What is it?

The dog whines, then leads them towards the ruined portal. It sniffs a large piece of scrap metal and whimpers. Winston moves the scrap metal aside, revealing a human like figure.

Mei: What is that?!

Mercy grabs it's hand. Then she checks to see if it had a pulse. Turns out, she was right.

Mercy: It's a person!

She grabs one arm and wraps it around her shoulders.

Mercy: Lena, grab his other arm!

Tracer wraps his other arm around her shoulders. Then they carry him off towards the medical bay. Mei and the dog follow them, leaving Winston in the room with two questions.

Who was this person? And why did they come through the portal?