What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)

Start from the beginning

Then, the cravings happened.

She wanted steak and ice cream.

Not separately. Together.

She and Adrian were walking out of the Renegades Headquarters, hand in hand.

"Any ideas for dinner?" Adrian asked. "We need to go to the store anyways and we could pick up some nice beef or something."

"Steak," Nova said instantly. "Oh! And vanilla bean ice cream. And sour patch kids. And peanut butter,"

"Ok," Adrian said, a little surprised.

"Chocolate. Dark and milk chocolate. Oh, God, Adrian, don't forget the chocolate,"

"You can come with me," Adrian said.

"Yes. I'm coming with. I'm driving, too."

"What, Nova, no..."

But she was already in the driver's seat.

They managed to narrowly avoid an accident with Nova's reckless and nightmarish driving and got to the store.

Nova promptly grabbed a cart and walked in, Adrian struggling to keep up.

In the store, Nova paused when she saw a familiar face. The person was also pregnant.

Kennedy Smith, the former president of the Renegades Fan Club was shopping with her husband, Oliver, better known by his renegade name, Maple.

She saw a lot of peanut butter and chocolate in their cart.

Nova then wondered.

Could she possibly? No. No. No, right? No.

"Hey, Oliver. What's up?" Adrian asked.

"Not much. Except that she's mad at me, like, every day. She says I'm dumb. Can you believe that?"

Adrian and Nova could both believe that, but they weren't about to tell Oliver that.

"All she wants is chocolate with caramel centers and peanut butter. And occasionally raw meat. I never give her the raw meat. The doctor thinks she's anemic and that's why she wants raw protein. It's really weird. She put gummy bears in chili. And we've gone through at least five pounds of gummy bears since she found out she was pregnant."

"Oliver, come on. There's a sale on gummy bears," The woman said.

"Oh no," Oliver moaned.

"Oh! Hi, Nova! How's my second favorite renegade?" Kennedy asked, spotting the former villain-turned-hero.

"I'm hungry," Nova replied.

"Oh, me, too. All the time," She said, looking down. She was about four months along. The bump was definitely noticeable, but it wasn't that big.

"I'm getting that penguin walk down for when I start wobbling," Kennedy said, demonstrating it.

Nova giggled.

"Anyway, we have ten bags of gummy bears to get. Come along, Oliver," Kennedy said, dragging her husband away.

"Ten?!" He exclaimed, to which he earned a sharp "Oh, shush!" from his wife.

That encounter was definitely one of the reasons she decided to buy a pregnancy test a few weeks later.

Because all Nova ever wanted was peanut butter, steak, and ice cream.

When her and Adrian got the groceries and cooked the steaks up, Nova got the ice cream out of the fridge and plopped two scoops on her steak.

Adrian gave her a horrified look.

"What?" She asked.

"Isn't that a little... I don't know, gross?"

She shrugged. "It sounds really good," She replied.

Adrian just shrugged as she ate.

"Is it good, Nova, sweetie?"

"It's delicious," Nova said, a little surprised herself.

For the last few weeks, she's been wanting peanut butter and other protein-packed foods. And a weird yearning for raw meat...

And then, there was the nausea.

Random times throughout the day, she would just randomly have a really bad stomachache or the urge to vomit. That, combined with headaches and what she was pretty sure was bloating, made for a perfect storm of pain.

And a couple times, she did, and on those days, Adrian promptly sent her home and checked in on her via phone or even physically traveling to the house to make sure she was ok.

That's what happened today. Instead of going to straight home, she was tired of this, and decided to see if she was pregnant. Cause if she wasn't, she needed to speak to her doctor.

In fact, Nova realized, now that she knew periods were supposed to come at the same time, she was supposed to start hers three days ago. She could have chalked all her symptoms up as PMS, but missing her period? That was definitely a pregnancy thing.

As she waited for the test to give her answers, she sat on the toilet and started putting together all her symptoms thus far.

· Fatigue

· Mood swings

· Food cravings (and weird ones, at that)

· Nausea

· Headaches

· Bloating.

As Nova went through the symptoms from a website on her phone, she realized that she was having more than she realized.

She needed to pee a lot ore often then what was usual for her. She also had a lot of back pain. She cried a lot. Sometimes for no reason, so it wasn't like a mood swing, just random crying.

And as the test was almost done, Nova realized that she was almost positive that she was carrying the next Everhart.

She picked up the test from it's position, hovering over the sink, and blinked a few times.

She saw the clear pink plus sign.

There was no doubt. The test said it might be faded, but that it would still be a positive. But hers wasn't faded. It was clear as day.

She was carrying a baby.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey ya!

I decided to split this into two parts so it could be Nova finding out in part one and then her telling Adrian in part two. Plus it's starting to get long.

I did indeed finish this before I started the next one, but I decided to release them both at the same time so you guys don't have to suffer.

Because I've been playing a lot of sims (any other simmers out there?)

And I knew that it was a very real possibility that I would totally forget about writing this and play sims instead.

This... This is why I shouldn't be trusted with a child. And hopefully, I won't be for a long time.

Anyway, I really enjoyed writing this and I hope you enjoyed it, too.

Until next chapter... which is probably already up by the time you are reading this...

Keep reading!