WHERE THE WIND WILLS

"My life is a horror movie, 
and I am the villain."
- Unknown

"I am someone who did not diewhen they should have died

when they should have died." 
- Anne Carson

FOREWORD
━━━━━━━━━

To the person who opened this novel and decided to give it a shot, thank you. 

WHERE THE WIND WILLS is the unofficial fourth book of the SPHACELUS series. Taking place in Latvia, this novel follows the journey of Ttod Ozola - an old fisherman who abandoned his daughters in the midst of the zombie apocalypse. 

WHERE THE WIND WILLS was initially an entry for the 2020 Novella competition which I later expanded into a full-length novel. Some elements of the plot and characters have changed during this time. If you read the original novel, I highly recommend that you read through this story again! 

You can read this novel separate to the rest of the SPHACELUS series but be mindful that there might be some minor spoilers if you read this novel first! 

DEDICATION
━━━━━━━━━

To my FRIENDS, who helped me turn this series from a concept I made in middle school into actuality. Especially you, Ella. I cannot count the hours which you texted me plot ideas and helped me develop these characters. You are wonderful. 

WARNING! THIS NOVEL CONTAINS: 
━━━━━━━━━

A beloved fishing boat; which promptly sinks into the depths of the ocean. 

A fisherman and his apprentice, both too eager to abandon their loved ones in search of safe haven. 

Crumbling lighthouses and too-tight rat tunnels dated back to the World Wars only few can remember. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 
━━━━━━━━━

This novel is inspired by works such as WORLD WAR Z and the NEWSFLESH triolgy. That said, the plot, characters and concept are entirely mine. The SPHACELUS series was written before the emergence of COVID-19, although in later drafts of the series I have drawn inspiration from the lasting effects of the virus across the globe. 

WHERE THE WIND WILLS also draws inspiration from many different myths and legends surrounding the ocean and its fury. I also took inspiration from pirates and black-trade fisherman who roam the seas to create Ttod Ozola. Any resemblance to any real-life person is coincidental.

WHERE THE WIND WILLS is currently only published on Wattpad on this account. If you see this story on another platform or on another person's page, please let me know!