𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜 - 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕒𝕞𝕖

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*The next morning*

For once, I woke up before Ryann. I go to the hot tea maker and make myself some Earl Grey with mint and lavender. I add extra sugar. As I'm about to take the first sip, Ryann wakes up and runs into the small kitchen. "Oh my gosh, Laik! Today we get to watch the Ducks play!"

Don't get me wrong, it was exciting, but Fulton and I just became friends. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet.

Ryann and I get dressed, and I put on a denim skirt, pink sweater, and some black boots. I do my natural makeup and leave my hair straight and down.

As soon as we're ready, we walk out the door. I notice something on the outside of the door, and I find another note. It reads:

Dear Laik,

Tonight's game is at 6 p.m. I really hope I see you there. I'll be looking out for you.

I hope to see you soon,

Fulton.

Ryann and I walk to school, and as soon as we get in, we can tell that there is a commotion going on. I turn to the nearest person and ask, "What's going on?" The kid in front of me shouts, "The Ducks and our rival team are going to have a hockey showdown tonight!"

Oh, great. I bet the Ducks have no idea what they're about to get into.

The school day rushes by, and I did not have a chance to talk to Fulton before the game.

As soon as school is over, Ryann and I head back to our dorm. We go inside, and I touch up my makeup and grab a snack. By the time I'm done, it's time to leave for the game. I shout for Ryann to come on, and she comes out and says, "Do you think Adam Banks will notice me?" I shrug and say,: "Probably. You're one of the prettiest girls in the school. Everyone notices you." She smiles and gives me a hug. "Laik, I don't know what I would do without you as my best friend."

We start walking to the game and Ryann asks, "So, do you know how you feel about that one boy yet?" I smile and say, "Yeah. I guess you could say that we're friends." We talk more about dance and other sports, and soon we're at the game.

We order food and drinks from the concession stand and take our seats. We're in the 7th row. Not too far up, and not too far down.

Soon, the band starts playing and the game begins. We see Cadie and Dannah walk in with Rick and Cole. I wave them over, and they come sit by us.

The team skates onto the ice and immediately, I see Fulton. He catches my eye and smiles at me with that adorable smile. I smile back and he looks down. I'm pretty sure he's blushing. I'm lost in my thoughts about him when suddenly, Ryann whistpers, "Laik! Adam Banks is in the row in front of us!" A boy in front of me turns his head around and says, "Do I hear my name?" She chuckles and says, "Sorry! I've just heard good things about you. I thought you were on the JV team." He frowns and says, "No. Unfortunately, I am on the varsity team." He turns back around, face blood red. Ryann looks back at me and says, "Well, I just screwed that up!" I smile and say, "No you didn't. You just asked him a question." She focuses on the game, which is now starting. They start quacking, and all of us giggle. I say, "What the hell are they doing?" and laugh. Their coach shuts them up, and they all mutter, "Go team."

Charlie Conway makes the first goal. I notice that Adam Banks stands up and starts clapping, but Rick quickly sits him down. Ryann cheers and I clap. This kid is pretty good.
A few minutes later, Luis Mendoza scores, then Cowboy Dwayne.

In the next play I noticed the puck goes towards Fulton. I stand up and cheer as he forcefully shoots the puck into the goal. He looks up at me and winks. I smile and his face changes.

~Fulton's P.O.V~

I shoot the puck into the goal and I notice that Laik is cheering for me. She looks beautiful tonight. I snap out of my thoughts and wink. Really dude? That's all you can do? I notice her smile back and my heart melts. I look away and smile one of the biggest smiles I've ever had. This girl is perfect. Dude get your head in the game! I'm congratulated by the rest of the team and return to the box.

~Laik's P.O.V~

As Fulton goes to the box I smile at him and cheer. He smiles back and brushes his hair out of his eyes. His coach yells something and he returns to the ice. I see a player named Avermen go down the rink, and all of a sudden, Fulton shoots into the goal again! I stand up and cheer again.

It's the next play, and this time, Charlie Conway quickly makes another shot into the goal. I noticed him look around and he locks eyes with Ryann. She looks away and turns to me and says, "Did you see that?" I smile and say, "I sure did!* and giggle.

I noticed that Fulton is back into the rink, and I start to cheer. He ends up missing a shot and the other team makes the goal. He looks really upset and returns to the box. Charlie misses another shot, and I can tell that the team isn't doing well. He desperately tries to slap it into the goal, but it barely makes it in. A player from the opposite teamgets the puck and makes it in at the last second.

That means the game is tied.

I stand up and find myself walking towards the locker rooms, Ryann close behind. I wait until I see Fulton and Charlie come out. Both of them look really upset and are still in their uniforms. Fulton blankly says, "Hey Laik." Charlie looks at Ryann and mutters, "Hi there. I'm Charlie Conway, what's your name?" She answers, "Ryann. Ryann Lexus." They continue to chat and I start talking to Fulton. I say, "You played really good tonight. You're one of the best players I've seen." He smiles but shakes his head.

I don't know what gets ahold of me but I quickly say, "Look, I don't know what's wrong, but I can't stand to see my friend like this." I grab his arms and put them around me and I put my head onto his hot chest. We fit perfectly together, and it makes me feel some way I never have before. I feel him look down and say, "We tied. We lost. We made a horrible first impression." I look up at him and say, "No! You did amazing! Hard work pays off in the long run." He smiles and looks right in my eyes. He holds my gaze and then, suddenly, he looks at Charlie and says, "We have to go. We have a team practice at 5 a.m tomorrow." He runs back into the locker room and Charlie follows. It ended up getting really late with no sight of the boys, so both Ryann and I decided to leave early.

We get into the dorm and I instantly lay down. A lot happened today. I need to tell Ryann everything tomorrow.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

ahhhhh!!!!!

I am in LOVE with this chapter!!

sorry guys, I switch between my mom and my dad's house for a week and my mom wouldn't let me have my phone. :(

anyways, I'm now posting only during weekdays!!

as always, please comment what you think and give me feedback!

(i always love to hear what you guys have to say!)

bye for now and see you tomorrow loves!!

-laiken✨