Chapter 20The New Allen

It was early September and Angel and Allen had been living together for almost a month now, whenever her parents visited she told Allen to go for a drive somewhere until they left, and if they ever came without telling her first to make sure Allen was never spotted there he always parked his car down the road a bit, her parents never seen Allen's car so they never would think to even look for it, also they both thought he was still in jail.

Angel was heading into her last semester of school and she was excited to finally graduate in December. She worked so hard for this diploma and couldn't wait to finally have that in her hands.

On the days she went to the classroom she had no choice but to take her daughter to her parents and leave Allen alone in the house, they had no idea he was out and if she didn't bring her daughter to them they would start asking questions and raise red flags, Angel wanted to keep Allen a secret as long as she could.

One day when Angel came home they sat at the kitchen table and Allen looked over at his girl and his daughter and smiled.

" What are you so happy about?" Angel asked.

" Well while you were off at school today, and our daughter was with your Mom I thought of trying to make all this up to you, you did so much for me, I have to repay you somehow," Allen said.

" Having you here, with me, and out of jail and us as a family is more than enough," Angel replied walking over to the fridge to get something out for dinner.

" I know but I want to do more," Allen said.

" Like what?" Angel asked pulling steak out from the freezer.

" I searched online and looked where I could get myself a job, I live here now and your doing everything on your own, I want to make my own money so I can help pay for things and buy things for you, and our daughter," Allen said.

" So did you find anything?" Angel asked.

"There are a few warehouse jobs listed in the area I applied to them online with your laptop and one messaged me back, they want me to give them more information and go for in an interview," Allen said.

" That's amazing news, I am so proud of you for how well you're doing, and how much your willing to make a change for not only yourself but for us as well," Angel said frying up the steak.

" Well it's all for us doll face, and maybe whenever that time comes and your parents know I am here I can prove to them in more ways than one that I am what they want for their daughter and granddaughter, and I am not the person they thought I was, I changed," Allen said.

" We both have, and we both did it for the better. That little girl over there saved both of us, she is such a blessing." Angel said looking over at their daughter.

" She sure is, if you or she never came back into my life I probably would still be sitting in jail or worse, you both are the best things that could have ever happened in my life," Allen said as Angel walked over with his plate.

" This is amazing I don't know where you ever learned to cook like this but man girl you are awesome." He said taking a bite into his food.

She then turned back to the stove and got baby Kayla her meal, she couldn't believe next month already her daughter was going to be turning one, and loved the fact her father was here to celebrate with them.

Lastly she got herself a plate and joined her family. She loved everything she worked so hard for, loved the fact her daughter had both parents in her life, and loved the fact everything was just the way she planned, well almost.