Hidden Forest

"Hey, Kyn, wake up. You sure sleep a lot."

The short boy was shaking Kyn with all his might.

"Mmh.. what is itttt..?"

"Its morning! We need to continue."

"Noone said we had to.."

"I said so. Now get up! I'm sure you'll love the place we're going to today."

"Is it wastelands?"

"No"

"Guess i wont like it"

Mo sighed, pulling Kyn up by his arm.

"You should see it before you judge"

The short boy walked towards the exit of the cave, dragging Kyn with him. Without warning he jumped out of the cave, flying towards the manta's that were called yesterday. He slowly landed on a manta's back, sitting down. Kyn didn't sit down though, he seemed to enjoy the view too much to think of sitting.

The manta flew up towards the castle on the floating island. as it slowly hovered besides the island, mo jumped off its back, looking at kyn.

"You coming?"

"Mh? Oh- yes."

Kyn carefully jumped off too, standing besides Mo. The short boy waved at the manta as it flew away again, back to the other Manta's. The two started walking trough the castle, into an new area. It was open, with a few trees around and another gate in front of the boys.

Mo already ran forth towards the gate, holding his candle to the lock to open it.
As the gate opened, rain drops started falling down. Mo quickly took cover under the gate, and looked back at kyn.

"Come here, quick!"

Kyn didnt respond, he was just looking up at the sky in awe. He slowly held his hand out, looking at the rain drops falling on his hand.

His gaze got disturbed by mo grabbing his hand and pulling him under the gate aswell.

".. why are you searching cover?"

"The rain hurts us!"

Kyn took a step back, standing in the rain.

"It's not hurting me"

Mo was looking at Kyn, confused. Nothing happend, the stamina in his cape wasnt draining. Nothing happend.

".. what are you?"

".. i'm like you?"

"A child of light."

"well, it does hurt me so i can't stay in it too long."

"Alright.."

Mo continued walking while pulling Kyn along, trough another gate that had already been opened by another kid. The area was pretty huge, there were trees everywhere, small caves, manta's flying around, and some bridges. The air was foggy and the grass was super wet.

"We call this The Hidden Forest!"

"Its not even hidden"

"Are you gonna comment on every little thing i say?"

".. sorry"

"It's okay."

Mo slowly stopped pulling Kyn along, he was now just holding Kyn's hand while they were walking beside eachother. Kyn was looking around, he seemed amazed by the rain. Mo smiled while looking at Kyn. Suddenly Kyn let go of Mo's hand, he started running, then sliding trough the grass. He looked happy, cheerful and almost childlike. Until Kyn slipped and fell over.