chapter seven

deku

I can't stand myself.

Internally, I threw up at the sight of my room. Everywhere I looked, I saw All Might's face. There were posters on the walls, small figurines lining the shelves (which held magazines about the hero), and even the bed sheets had All Might on them.

I had to fight every urge to call Shigaraki and tell him to get me the hell out of here. There was no way I wanted to stay in a room as disgusting as this.

Jeez, I was a loser before I joined the League.

I had a thought that I could take down the posters and make the room more appealing.

Damn it. I can't take down these disgusting posters because they'll get suspicious of me.

Maybe I could just stay in Todoroki's room until I get this over with?

The thought of that made me gag even more.

"Screw you, Shigaraki," I mumbled to myself. "Of course I had to be the one to go back to U.A. So what if Toga ends up drinking all of my blood? I'd rather that than be here."

The last remaining bits of sunlight streamed in through my curtains. They, too, were All Might themed. Shocker, I know.

My phone buzzed in its place on my desk. I quickly picked it up and sighed.

"What's up, Shi-"

"Deku-kun! Hi!" a familiar voice squealed into the phone.

"Hi, Toga."

"How's U.A? Is Ochaco-san still there?" she asked eagerly.

"U.A. still sucks, and yes, Uraraka is still here."

"I wish Shigaraki had sent me instead of you," Toga whined, probably pouting on the other end of the call.

"Don't we all," I said quietly.

"Hey!" Toga yelled. I could hear a quick scuffle in the speaker and suddenly, Dabi was speaking.

"Broccoli."

"Yes, Stitches?"

"You had better get your ass back here and save me from this blondie before she kills me."

"Uh, Dabi—"

"Give me the phone," Shigaraki demanded from his side.

Dabi and Toga's voices both faded as Shigaraki took the phone from them.

"How is it going over at U.A?" he asked. Coming from anyone else, the question would have been sweet, but Shigaraki was pissed.

"Oh, you know. Full of fake heroes and hormonal teenagers. How about you?"

"Cut the attitude, kid. Does anyone suspect you?"

"No. Everyone's so caught up in their own stupid emotions to realise I'm faking even when I break character. It's honestly funny," I answered, "but also sad. These guys are really dumb."

"Don't underestimate them. You know how strong they can be."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I sat down on the bed, trying to best not to look at All Might's face printed in the middle of the sheets. "I hate this place."

"Obviously. Did you think you would like it?" Shigaraki said, irritated.

"No, but I didn't think it would be this bad." I continued on to explain everything that had happened since my arrival: That I had to cuddle and kiss Todoroki, that I fixed my old desk with Uraraka, and that I had to make soba for the whole class.