Chapter 37

Sofia POV

"Y/N..." I gasped quietly. He actually came.

"I think that's my cue aha, see you around" Stefan said as he turned away. He walked straight past Y/N giving him what looked like an awkward nod. But all I could do was stare. My eyes didn't leave Y/N as I saw him slowly walk over to me. He looks almost..scared? I pull the door behind me, not fully shutting in so I can get back in, trying my best to fight the urge to just run into his arms.

I can't believe he actually came.

Y/N POV

Shit. Now they're all staring at me. Fantastic.

"Ooh first the ex boyfriend and now you.  You must be the mystery guy she's been talking about. Not bad" Her friend Becca said as she smirked and walked off to her car. I've seen her around before with Sofia and Dove sometimes but I don't really know her that well. Judging by what Dove says I don't think that's a bad thing either. God, why am I just stood here? I start to walk over to her door just as that guy turns to leave.

"Hey" he says walking passed, giving me a weird awkward nod. Well it can't get any worse that it is now. My feet keep moving but suddenly I don't know why I'm here. What do I say to her?

I stop at the end of her driveway and just take her in. Despite everything, just seeing her standing there I feel more calm already. Like I'm getting stronger again just by being around her. I just don't know what I'm meant to say.

"Y/N.. you came" Sofia practically whispered as she walked up to me. I know I shouldn't think of her this way because she's not interested but the urge to just kiss her is building up. How can someone be this perfect? I know she's expecting me to say something but I not seem to be able to string a sentence together. Just say something!

"Uh y-yeah. Sorry. I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls. I was still at the hospital and my phone was on silent. I came as soon as I heard your voicemail. You seemed upset I just wanted to check you were okay"..ok not bad but maybe next time I speak I should remember to breathe and not ramble.

"You're not the one who has to be sorry Y/N. I messed up and it's all my fault. I didn't want it to happen and it meant nothing"  she said, but her voice cracked at the end. I don't want to see her upset. I know that today couldn't get any worse but somehow this feels like it is. She doesn't deserve to feel pain. I just need to be able to comfort her. But how do I do that as just a friend?

"Hey, it's okay" I said finally looking directly into those deep brown eyes I've been craving the safety of all day. All I could see was fear and sadness and it hurt me too. I cupped her cheek with my hand to wipe away the tear that was falling. I didn't know how to take her pain away but I knew for sure that I'd do whatever I could to try. "You have nothing to be sorry for Sofia it's okay I promise. You deserve to be happy Sofia. Never forget that and if he makes you happy the-"

I'm cut off by Sofia's lips crashing into mine. The next thing  I feel are her arms around my shoulders as her hand lands on the back of my head. But it's like a natural instinct. My arms wrap around her waist and pull her into me. I don't want distance between us. It's like everything and everyone else just melts away. I want to make her feel safe.

She pulls away and rests her forehead against mine. "Y/N it's you. You're the one that makes me happy. I've never met anyone like you and I don't want anyone else. You're kind and caring and I love that we are getting to know each other properly. Everything you're going through I just want to take it all away. I want to be with you Y/N. What happened today was a mistake. He kissed me and I pushed him away. Because it didn't feel right. Because he isn't you"