She opened her mouth to say something, I stopped her midway.

" Look Anni, this shouldn't be my job. I do respect you, but I can't digest you lying about your pregnancy! The reason Amma and Appa decided to forgive Rajiv was only for their grand children. Now, all that was a lie? " I said without breathing.

" Are you done? " She asked me folding her hands in front of her.

I looked at her confused.

" Nobody lied about your Amma and Appa's grand children! " She said looking straight at me.

" Then what the hell was your period about? " I asked even more confused.

" Look, I am not pregnant. I am not your brother's wife too. " She said slowly. Who is this then? , oh my god, what drama is going on here!

" What? " I gasped out.

" Rajiv is married to my sister. " She said making her words very clear.

That's the moment the truth dawned on me.

" You aren't Prerna? " I asked finally.

" Yes! " She said with a huge grin.

I took two steps away from her and looked at her scrunching my eye brows together. I was running my hand over my hair.

" You were right! I am Aparna! " She said slowly taking a step closer to me.

I was still speechless, I closed my mouth with my hands. My heartbeat was echoing inside my ear.

The one to whom I confessed everything was actually the one I was confessing about! She was Aparna!

"Why did you lie? Why did you run away? " I asked stuttering.

" Had no other choice! To be honest, I didn't trust you. " She said.

" You are talking about trust? " I asked sarcastically.

She raised her eyebrows and started at me.

" Look, I didn't plan to be here. My sister went through IVF treatment. Rajiv was scared that your parents won't be happy knowing about it. But my sister can't travel. That's why I did this! I accepted to be here as my sister! " She said in a raised voice.

I was looking at the floor, trying to take in whatever she was saying.

" I took a major risk to be here. I know it was wrong, but I did it for my sister. " She said and a small tear escaped her eye.

I closed my eyes shut and started biting my lips. I didn't want to look at her at all. Too many memories were gushing inside my head.

" When I saw you, I knew that we had met already. I didn't want you to know my true identity. I wasn't sure of how you would take this. That's why I ran away everytime you were close to seeing the real me. " She said.

" Well, what made you change your mind now? " I asked still closing my eyes.

I heard her taking a step closer to me.

She slowly placed her hand over my arm and turned me towards her.

" Being here, i got to understand you. I was convinced that you would understand the situation. I can't pull this show longer. " She said.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. She was just a foot away from me. Her hands were still over my arms.

" Even yesterday, I was sure that I can convince you that I was my sister. Today, I knew that, it wouldn't be fair to not tell you the truth. Sorry if I had broken your trust. " She said.