The broken theater of reality

Everything was dark around him. The darkness has swallowed him whole again. Its teeth bite down on his head, making him forget all the pain. Its arms wrapping around him, trying to shield him from the truth. The first time when he was here, he was scared like anyone else who would be here, in the darkness of the unknown, but now he is used to it. The coldness of the air makes its way under his fur. He can also feel his lungs freezing with every breath that he takes in, every time that he is here. The darkness is also full of emptiness around him. There is nothing here but his thoughts that runs freely around the void, trying its best to fill this place up with something, but it only makes things worse for him and the silence of the void doesn't make it better. It only gives him more time to recuperate from his whole situation. "Just how many times have I been here?" Mao Mao asks to the darkness around him, but no answer was given, only the cold wind that blows in his face. As time passes, Mao Mao was left with his lost thoughts about Badgerclops again. The only one that he can remember. He keeps thinking about his name repeatedly, but the only thing that he remembers is a warm feeling in his chest whenever he thinks of the name in his mind. 'Why is Badgerclops the only thing that I can remember? Is he really...the only one who cares...for me?' Mao Mao thought to himself as the darkness around him begins to disappear. "It's time." Mao Mao said as he closes his eyes.

The first thing that he sees as he opens his eyes again is a bunch of bright white flowers staring at him. Mao Mao notices that he is sitting on a white wooden chair. He got up from the chair and quickly notice that there was another chair beside him, also a white but larger wooden chair. He looks around his surroundings and sees that he is in the middle of a flower field in the middle of nowhere. "Where am I? And where is my tent?" Mao Mao didn't notice until now, but the sky is completely dark. Mao Mao looks up to the sky and notices many small bright things on the sky that are shining down upon the flowers around him causing them to shine brighter than the dark sky. "What are... those things...in the sky?" Mao Mao asks. He never has seen something so beautiful in the sky before.

"Those things in the sky are called stars." A voice answer, catching Mao Mao off guard. He quickly looks around to find the owner of the voice and he sees someone on the other side of the field. Mao Mao can't believe it. After many visits to the village and the house on the hill, He finally finds someone else here. He never heard anyone's voice except for his own. This made Mao Mao feels a bit lightheaded because of the excitement of finding someone else is in the same situation as him. "Hey, can you help me?" Mao Mao yells as he begins to walk toward the person on the other side of the flower field.

Because of how dark it is, Mao Mao couldn't see the person. He begins to walks closer to the other side. As he passes through the white flowers, he could feel the smooth texture of the flowers' petals that rub against his now rough fur. It makes him relax a bit more as he made his way through the endless white field ahead of him. As he continues his walk, he notices that the person from far doesn't move all. This cause Mao Mao to panic a bit. He begins to pick up his pace a bit but as soon as he did, the person begins to walk away from him. "Hey, wait!!!" Mao Mao yells as he begins to run. He runs as fast as he can but, no matter how fast he runs, he seems to not be able to reach the person. "Please Stop!!!" Mao Mao yells as he tries his best to run faster but his body slowly starts to betray him. The person seems to not hear him at all as they keep walking away from him. Mao Mao was so close to the person now. He can even see the back of the person and notice that they are some kind of large badger. The only thing that stood out was that one of their arms is fully made of metal somehow. This cause Mao Mao's mind to slowly turns its wheel. He is remembering something important. Something that makes his head and his chest hurt as he finally remembers the pain of not being able to save him from his fate.