Chione - [The Prince's Chamber]

Start from the beginning

       He opened the door and glared at Tabia. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, like the first time I talked to him. He wasn’t wearing any of his jewelry either, except for the rings and his hair was messy, and he looked tired. He was still gorgeous though, even when he was a mess. He scratched his head angrily and then dropped his hand when he looked at me.

       “Brought you a present!” Tabia grinned.

       His eyes widened.

       I smiled at him.

       He slammed the door shut.

       I stood there in shock, so did Tabia.

       “How dare you slam the door on me!” Tabia screamed.

       Two guards at the opposite side of the hall looked at us.

       “Ey! Prince! Open the damned door!” Tabia yelled.

       “Tabia! People are looking!” I whispered, but she ignored me. I felt a little hurt; did he not want to see me?

       “Sorry Alexandra, hold on a second!” I heard him yell from the inside of his room, as if he read my mind.

       I smiled. “Oh I see! You don’t want Alexandra to see you so messed up!” Tabia laughed.

       “Silence, Tabia!” Arius yelled, angrily.

       “No, you shut up!” Tabia muttered, crossing her arms.

       He opened the door in a short while later after he was completely dressed and freshened up. Both Tabia and I walked in, even though Arius insisted that Tabia left. This was the first time I had seen his bedroom, and it was beautiful. It was large and looked like two different rooms attached to each other, with no door in between. As soon as we walked in the room had a desk at the right side, along with a large shelf and chair. On the left side was another large chair with a small table beside it. On the floor was a large red and yellow rug, which matched the cloth on both the chairs. When we walked into the next ‘room’ I saw a bed in the center. The bed was circular and covered with red covers, which were still a mess. The bed also had drapes, which were tied up but a net went around the whole bed. There was another chair at the left side but this one seemed more comfy than the other two. It also had a table next to it, with a vase on it. On the left there was a large armoire and a dresser next to it. On the other side of the armoire was an open door, which led to the bathroom.

       Arius noticed my amazement and sighed. “Pretty big, huh?” He asked.                       

       I nodded my head.

       He walked to his bed and began tying up the net, and then he made his bed.

       “Don’t the servants do that for you?” I asked.

       He smiled at me, “Yes but my mother always told me that I should make my own bed, plus, why give them extra work?” He said.

       I smiled at him.

       Tabia and I stayed with Arius for a long time. Most of that time was spent by me listening to Tabia and Arius arguing, it was quite funny. They were closer then I thought.

       Then someone came and knocked on the door. Tabia pulled me behind her and made me fix her hair while Arius opened the door. “My Prince, the Pharaoh calls you.” The man said.

       “Thank you and please tell him I am on my way.” Arius said, and then he closed the door. He turned around and rolled his eyes.

       Tabia giggled. “Your old man’s not gonna let you go.”

       “Tabia, shouldn’t you be down there? Aren’t you supposed to always be by the ‘mighty kings’ side?”

       Tabia rolled her eyes and then got up. “Ok, fine! You want me to leave? Okay, I understand!” She winked at me and then walked out the door.

       “I was serious.” Arius muttered, turning around to face me. He took my hand and pulled me down so that I was sitting next to him on his bed. He looked at me and smiled.

       I smiled back and then said. “Maybe you shouldn’t be so mean to Tabia.”

       Surprisingly, he nodded “I was thinking the same thing. I should really be thanking her, for bringing you to me.” He said. He looked down at my hand, which he was still holding.

       “I think you should go now, your father is waiting.” I said and I began to be upset with myself for telling him to go to someone I hated.

       “I don’t want to.” He said.

       I laughed softly, but he seemed serious.

       He dropped his head down, making his forehead rest on mine. “I want to stay here with you.” He said, closing his eyes.

       I smiled but then pulled myself away. This time I was the one to kiss him on the forehead.

       He looked at me, a little stunned.

       “You’ll get into trouble if you take too long, go.” I insisted. He sighed and nodded his head then the door flung open.

       “Hey” Tabia called. Arius and I both jumped, and when we realized it was Tabia, I thought I heard Arius growl.

“Why are you still here?” Arius asked.

Tabia closed the door. “I came back because I realized that if Alexandra and you walked out together, people would be like ‘what?’ and you guys are doomed.” Tabia said.

       She ran up to me, grabbed my arm and pulled me out. While we walked, Tabia said “Good job making the Princes’ bed!” She said it loud enough for the guards to hear.

       Tabia left me alone after that, she went another way to get to the throne room faster. I walked down the stairs and bumped into Aziza.

       “Ah! Chione!” She said, a little politely.

       I bowed.

       “I have a request, a couple actually, if you don’t mind.”

       I shook my head, surprised by her kindness; I had nothing better to do anyway.

       “Well, can you go and fetch some water for the kitchen, and then I want you to water the plants in the garden. Are you doing anything for Lady Tabia right now?” She asked.

       “No, I’ll get to that right away my Lady.” I said.

       Aziza nodded her head. “Good.” she said as she turned around and walked away.

       It was already noon as soon as I was done fetching the water. After that I went to the gardens, I was happy that there was already a well there, so I didn’t need to run around fetching more water. I had to be taught how to water properly, but I learned quickly. I watered the plants very slowly because I thought that by chance, Arius would show up.