Chapter 30: Our New Home

Jayden, Draco, Aaron, Leia, and AM-76 saw Connor walking back to the Resistance base. His green pilot suit covered in burn marks and ash, his face also had minor burns on it. AM-76 rolled out of the base and toward Connor, beeping happily and full of joy. Connor bent down and smiled as he patted the little droid on his dome-like head. Connor stood up and and saw Jayden running up to him, Connor and Jayden embraced and kissed each other like a couple who hasn't seen each other in years.

"I was so worried about you!" Jayden said as they finished hugging.

"I'm alright." Connor said, smiling. Draco and Aaron ran up to them as well, Draco clearly had something to say.

"Connor, about Cantor... Is he dead?" Draco asked.

"Affirmative. I left him burning in front of a lava lake. He's most likely dead by now." Connor said. Draco and Aaron put their hands and Connor's shoulders, congratulating his victory.

"You're a good man Connor!" Aaron said.

"Thank you." Connor said. The Shield Squadron members looked around to see Leia and other Resistance members. observing the damage that the First Order had done to the Resistance base.

"Leia!" Aaron shouted. General Leia looked behind her to see Aaron running up to her. "We're going to rebuild our base, right?"

"No. There's too much damage..." Leia said, solemnly. "We have to leave this planet." Leia turned to the Resistance soldiers and workers and nodded at them. "We have to get out of here." Leia said. Most of the of the Resistance, including Leia and all of their leadership, ran toward the Raddus, the pilots ran towards their X-Wings, Aaron ran up to the Shield Squadron to inform them that they have to leave.

"We have to leave this planet! Now!" Aaron yelled.

"Why? Can't we just rebuild?" Connor said.

"It looks like our base is way too damaged to rebuild!" Aaron said, "We have to move! Now!" The Shield Squadron ran toward a transport with other Resistance troopers entering it. The Shield Squadron got on the small transport just before it took off. As all of the Resistance's ships left Malu's atmosphere, Connor sat on one of the seats next to Jayden, ready to ask her something.

"Jayden..." Connor said as he handed the hilt of Fennec's lightsaber to Jayden. "I believe this belongs to you now that Fennec is dead." Jayden put her hand over the lightsaber, unable to take the saber out of Connor's hand.

"You have the Force. You can become a Jedi, Keep it. It suits you." Jayden said.

"Well, since Cantor killed Fennec, who'll train me?" Connor responded.

 Jayden leaned in towards Connor. "I'll teach you." Jayden said. "I know that my Jedi training was limited, but I will train you the best I can."

"Good." Connor responded. 

Sometime later, the Resistance fleet jumped out of hyperspace in the Ileenium system, where they arrived at an Earth-like planet surrounded by rings of meteors and asteroids. Connor looked out the window to see them entering the atmosphere of the planet.

"Where are we?" Connor asked.

"The planet D'Qar. This place houses another abandoned Rebel Alliance base from the Galactic Civil War." Jayden said.

"Well, lets just hope D'Qar isn't occupied by the First Order..." Connor said.

"I'm sure it isn't." Jayden said.

The Shield Squadron stepped out of the shuttle as it landed and saw the other Resistance ships landing and crew members setting up holocomputers in the sheds that made up the new headquarters of the Resistance. Leia walked up to the Shield Squadron, welcoming them.

"This is our new home, isn't it?" Draco said.

"Indeed it is. Welcome to the Resistance..." Leia said as they all watched X-Wings fly above the base in the sky. The Shield Squadron has officially joined the Resistance, who has found their new home.