Chapter 11: The Disaster

Connor ran as fast as he could throughout the castle, trying to find Jayden. She was nowhere to be found, that is until Connor ran into a large room and saw Jayden lying on the floor, most likely from the shockwave. Dino turned around and saw Connor standing at the doorway, Dino prepared to raise his blaster and shoot him until he realized that Connor was a friend of Jayden.

"Jayden, we gotta go! The planet is collapsing!" Connor said. "We don't have time to waste" Jayden looked at Connor and then at Dino.

"Go with him Jayden, Go with him now!" Dino yelled. Jayden ran up to Dino and grabbed his hand.

"Why don't you come with us?" Jayden said.

"I can't. I'm staying!" Dino said. "Your friends need you now!" Jayden didn't want to budge.

"GO!" Dino yelled as Connor grabbed Jayden's hand and ran out of the castle. Jayden picked up the holocron out of the floor that Dino had given to her.

"Godspeed, rebels..." Dino mumbled to himself as he saw Connor and Jayden run out of the building.

The castle was quickly collapsing, All of Captain Dino's crew, minus Dino himself, were running outside the base. Connor and Jayden pushed through the crowd to try to find the rest of the Shield Squadron, but they were nowhere to be found. Once the crowd was gone, Connor and Jayden saw the most terrifying thing they would ever see.

The surface of the planet was crumbling and rising into the air, It will destroy anything in its path. Jayden stood there, shocked. Connor grabbed her hand once again and started running off, Jayden followed him. They saw Oberon, Shira, Draco, and Aaron standing there, watching the planet crumble to pieces.

"What are you all doing? Do we not have a ship?"Connor asked.

"We contacted the Razor, We know that someone is flying it but we don't know who." Oberon said.

The Razor flew through the skies and parked just above the crumbling surface. The hatched opened, revealing AM-76, a small and spherical droid, beeping triumphantly.

"What? A droid is piloting our ship?!" Aaron yelled. "How does this make any sense?!"

"My little droid can do many great things!" Connor yelled as he ran into the ship, everyone else followed. Oberon and Shira ran into the pilot and co-pilot seats respectively Jayden followed them into the cockpit. Connor and Draco sat at the holochess table, While Aaron sat in the corner of the main living area, curled up into a ball. As everyone was prepared, the ship flew away from Quasar and jumped to hyperspace before any debris could hit the ship.

Captain Dino looked out the window of his base, watching the Razor escape. He knew that it was Jayden on that ship and that she had escaped successfully. 

Everything was going dark. Dino knew that his base would be destroyed in a matter of seconds. He accepted that there was no going back to escape and that he would die on this planet. He ran to a small hatch in the corner that led into an underground bunker. He climbed down the ladder and closed the hatch, with multiple debris from the ceiling of the sandstone castle falling on top of it. He sat down in the tiny bunker, knowing that he would die in a few moments. Dino closed his eyes and he began to think about his missions and adventures he had with Jolt, Ralo and Olli. Dino wondered if they had escaped Quasar as well, which he hoped that they did. But all of the sudden, The bunker began to collapse on top of Dino. And thus, Dino Orion Druce had perished, and so did everyone who once lived in Quasar City, and members of Dino's crew who weren't as lucky as some others who had successfully escaped.