Chapter 22: They're Gone Now

After all of the Stormtroopers were killed, Connor, Draco and Aaron put away their blasters as Jayden deactivated her lightsaber and hooked it to her belt. Now was the time to inform the Resistance that the base was all clear and ready to be reclaimed, Connor pulled out his comlink to inform Oberon and Shira to inform the Resistance that the base had been reclaimed. 

"Oberon, Shira? Are you there?" Connor asked.

"Yeah. Standing by. What do you all need?" Oberon said.

"Inform the Resistance that the base has been-" Connor was cut off by Shira's voice yelling, "WATCH OUT!!!" as the sound of a large rumbling noise shook the ground.

"Everyone? You all need to see this!" Aaron said as he removed his Stormtrooper helmet, standing at the large entrance of the base. Jayden, Draco, and Connor ran towards Aaron, with AM-76 rolling behind them. Everyone saw a large explosion forming behind a hill in the distance. A TIE Bomber flew away from the explosion as Draco removed his Stormtrooper helmet. He looked as if he was about to cry. Everyone knew what had happened, Oberon Takin and Shira Daheli were dead. The Razor had been bombed and destroyed. And the two pilots were killed in that explosion.

"Oberon and Shira... They're dead, aren't they?" Connor asked, making sure of what he thought had happened was true. Jayden had a tear stream down her face.

"I-I'm sorry..." Jayden said. "They are..."

"N-No! Th-This can't be!!!" Draco yelled, about to breakdown. "NOOO!!!!" he continued, Draco had lost it. He ran towards a metal wall and began punching it as hard as he could until bruises and later blood covered his knuckles. Everyone looked behind them and saw Draco repeatedly punching the wall.

"Draco! Stop it!" Jayden yelled as she ran towards Draco, grabbed him, and pulled him away from the wall. Draco dropped to his knees and began crying.

"Draco, you're going to be fine." Jayden said as AM-76 comforted Draco, beeping solemnly.

"NO!" Draco yelled at the top of his lungs. "I LOST THE SHIELD SQUADRON!!! MY ONLY FAMILY!!!!" he continued.

"At least you have us..." Jayden said quietly.

"Don't you have a real family?" Connor asked.

"I never really had a real family! My parents were killed by my brother, Cantor..." As soon as Draco said Cantor's name, Everyone's expression on their faces turned from worried to stunned.

"Wait! Your brother is Cantor!" Jayden asked in shock.

"Yeah... It's true." Draco mumbled. "And I wish it wasn't!" Aaron looked outside, seeing multiple ships come crashing down towards the abandoned base.

"Look." Aaron said. Everyone looked in the sky to see multiple X-Wings crashing down to the surface.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!" Jayden yelled everyone ran to the walls of the base as the X-Wings crashed into the base, causing minor and major damage. However, the Raddus and the multiple transport ships landed safely, outside, and nearby. Leia, the leadership, and other members of the Resistance walked into the base.

"General, What happened?" Jayden asked.

"We were bombed by some TIE Bombers and Star Destroyers. Luckily, we are okay. But I can't say the same thing for our pilots..." Leia said. Connor, Jayden, Aaron, Draco, and AM-76 all turned around to see the pilots come out of their X-Wings. Most of them were disoriented and had minor burns and blood on their faces.

"I think it's time to get this place fixed up!" Jayden said. Leia nodded. Vice Admiral Holdo and Admiral Ackbar nodded, and so did Connor, Aaron, AM-76, and Draco. It was time to get to work.