chapter 13

i drove. my car protesting all the way but i still drove. to my house. i finally got there and swerved into the long drive way. i ran up the steps and into it. my mind racing. the blood was slowly running down my arm and i felt dizzy.

"Yulia!" the Russian maid ran in. she looked at my hand once then quickly took me by the shoulder into the kitchen. she soaked a rag with water and pressed it softly onto the cut. after she cleaned it out she got tweezers and slowly picked out the tiny pieces out of my flesh.

"what have you gotten yourself into today?" i turned and saw my mom leaning on the doorway applying another coat of lipstick to her already stained lips. she walked over, her stilettos tapping on the tiled floor. "your a mess!" she frowned at me and sat down at one of the stools.

my mom was definitely not the care for you and be there always type of mom. my mom was one of those i expect you to be perfect so be perfect types of moms. she always looked like she was going to go to a party. i had no idea how she and dad ever made it this far. they were very different and rarely communicated.

so all in all my mom was not my most favorite person in the world. she looked at my hand and her lips curled up in disgust. "you should be more careful. where were you last night?" this was my time to piss her off.

"graces house." i smiled at her. she absolutely hated grace. i was surprised that i could say her name so clearly though.

her eyes widened. she was furious. "i thought you and her didnt talk anymore." she froze and i saw Yulia roll her eyes. i tried not to laugh at the gesture.

"i met up with her." i said simply. i didnt have to tell her what happened.

"you didnt..." she looked down at me, warning me not to say it. i smiled. "you disgust me." she snarled and stood up. Yulia and i listened as her heels made there tip tap way down the hall until we couldnt hear them again.

"boy you did not do that girl." the young maid tittered with tiny escapes of laughter. 

"you know me to well." i smiled. her tweezers went into my skin again and fished out another piece of glass.

"what did you do though?" she looked down at the cut that went pretty deep into my hand.

"i screwed up." my face became stone and the awful memories of her face planted themselves into my head. her face filled with tears and anger and hate.

"youll fix it" she smiled up at me, a wisp of white blond hair falling into her eyes. 

yeah, maybe if i ever see her again. i thought to myself but i smiled and nodded to her instead. she smiled back and continued to wipe my arm clean. she slowly bandaged it. i watched her nimble fingers spin the cloth around my arm.

"thank you." i stood up and kissed her on the cheek. she blushed and then went to do the dishes. i smiled but my mind was elsewhere. i trotted up the stairs. that was another thing. our house was huge. to big. my family had an uncle that we never met inherit 70,000,000 dollars to us and now we were stinking rich.

it went to my moms head and my dad and i watched as our family slowly fell apart to nothing. i went up to my room. i saw all of the suit cases that were getting clustered in my room because i had to unpack for college and pack for grad school. lets just say i never unpacked for college.

I shoved my way past boxes and flopped onto my bed. i was suddenly so tired. i stared at my newly wrapped bandage and shut my eyes exhausted from todays events. 

)(_()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()()()()

Grace the day before the funeral