chapter 7

My head lay resting on my cushiony bed. My body half on half off. I shut my eyes again to try to release the pain and confusion that was enveloping me. The red hand were I was slapped still showed on my face. I touched it carefully only for it to burn under my finger pads.

Dad was here? He never came. Never. Not even once did I get a phone call, a letter or a visit. Was he still the same man? Apparently not. His harshness towards me surprised me. Never once did he hit me with so much force. Did he know about Nelly? Yes of course he did. That’s why hes here. To plan and pay for the funeral. Then leave like the cowardly man he is.

I opened and shut my eyes again trying to squeeze out every last drop of pain but failing. Open close open close. I needed to get out of here. I would go to the funeral, mourn properly, then I would run. Away from my family away from nelly. Would she follow me? The girl with the ghostly possessed eyes? I hoped not she scared me.

I thought about evan. His confession to me. I thought about I rejected him coldly and kicked him out of my life. I wanted to be with him badly now. My heart ached for a million reasons. I shut my eyes again. I looked out the window, it was already night time.

How long have I been here? How long have I been lying the same position on this bed? My hair was probably matted and I knew that the clothes that I only picked out this morning were wrinkled or stained with sweat.

“grace?” I heard a familiar voice. My mom was at the door and she pushed it open. “do you want some dinner?” she sat down on my bed and spoke softly. I lay with my eyes open unblinking. She rubbed my back but I stayed silent. “your father is here.” She rubbed harder and I began to relax only to be tense when she brought up dad. Did she know?

“grace honey you need to come now.” She leaned down and kissed my forehead then stood up slowly from the bed and stretched her hands then walked quietly out of the door. I breathed hard and sat up and collected my hair into a sloppy bun because it was matted.

I touched the slap one more time and it felt hot but not burning. I walked over to my mirror and peered in. the red spot on my face had turned into a disfigured shape but I could still sort of make out the lines which were his fingers. Tears jumped onto the burn to add to it. To make my face even more red than it already was.

I tried to suck them back in but It was no use. My face would just not go back to normal. I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I saw mom and dad sitting at the table. Dad was sitting at nellys seat because we long ago took his away.

I stared at him my eyes burning. He looked down at the colorless food below him and I saw his face turn red with guilt. Now we were red for two different reasons. He pulled in nellys chair to the table and started to eat.

He didn’t say the prayer. He always said the prayer here. Did he forget? How could you forget something you did three times a day? Now mom and I stared at him. He felt it and looked up at us. “lets eat.” He mumbled and I rubbed my temples in disappointment.

I took one bit of the food that tasted like nothing to me. I wasn’t hungry. I pushed it away and walked slowly to the stairs.

“grace?” I heard my mom call. “grace?” she called again and I heard silver were clatter to the table. “grace you need to finish what you started!” she called to me loudly.

“so do you mom!” I yelled at her. I whipped around and saw that there were tears in her eyes. “you need to finish what you started.” I said calmly. Tears sprung from her eyes and ruined her make up causing her to look like a monster. “I will see both of you in hell.” I jutted out my chin then walked up the stairs. “who knows who’s going to get there first.”

kind of a boring chapter. sorry. it took a while to come up with something. im not very happy with this part...vote comment love

RACHEL