Chapter 7

My first week in Darwin Enterprises was just as bad as my first day. Everyday was a repeat of the first day minus the falling part.

Today, is my second week and I know this isnt going to get any easier. Darwin Enterprises is organising a conference next week which is leaded Jordon. This means as his PA, I will be sharing his work load too.

Over the weekend I bought a pair of formal flats so that it will be easy for me to run and roll to Jordon's office.

"Coffee for you"I said as I placed Jordon's cup of coffee on his desk. He looked up at me and gave a slight nod before going back to doing his work.

I went to my table and what I saw shocked the daylights out of me. Almost 10 stacks of 18 files. And I saw a Post-it with Jordon's handwriting on it.
Arrange them by tonight. You only have one task for today.
- Jordon Smith

His handwriting looked worser than a two year old kid. I had to squint my eyes to see but thank god, I had good eyesight. I looked at the files and felt like running away. It will probably take years for me to complete. I had to file the papers in each file correctly and make sure all were signed by the respective authorities and Jordon.

I ran down to the nearest cafe and got a sandwich before starting on the work. I saw Edward walking infront of me and I ran after him.

"Edward!!"I called out to him,panting as I ran.

He turned behind and his mouth went into an "O" shape as he saw me running after him.

"Calm down, Andrea. You could have called my phone?"

"Yes I could have but I dont have your number. Plus I wanted to talk to you for a long time."

"Ohhh dear, I didnt give you my number? How careless of me... Wait let me write it down for you. And what you wanted to talk about ?" Edward said as he passed me a note with his number.

" Thanks Ed! I wanted to Thank you for helping me with the first aid that day. Im so grateful to you"

"Ahh no problem. Its my pleasure to help pretty ladies like you."

I blushed as he gave me a compliment. Im not used to having compliments from such a goodlooking blonde.

"Thank you again Ed! I will catch you later. Need to complete some file stuff." I said as I went towards the elevator.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was 9pm and I had done 6 stacks of the files. I had 4 stacks left. The whole office was empty and only Jordon's office was lit up. I could see him packing up to leave.

He locked his office door and gave me a stare before leaving the office.
Great,now Im all alone with files. Thanks a lot Mr Smith. While your PA is suffering ,you leave for home. Very nice of  you.

I was left with 2 more stacks but sleep was embracing me. I was starving and my eyelids were getting heavy with sleep. It was getting hard to even see the words on the file... Finally,I gave in and slept on the office table itself.