Chapter 17 Weird things

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Why did you come to my office today?"

I immediately get a text back.

"Why now I shouldn't come in anytime or without any reason?"

Seeing that text immediately, I call Adam.
He picks up at one ring.

"Why are you texting like that? What did I do wrong now?"

"Great now you have done something wrong also! Wow first I hear you are going to get married in 3 weeks and now this! Great Emma! This is something I really signed up for!"

I get so shocked and literally no words come out of my mouth. Gulping I say,

"Why are you talking like this Adam? See I am sorry but you know how my family is, you know all the things I have gone through. Please try to..."

Before I could complete the sentence. He cuts me and says,

"Please? Why are you tiring yourself? I don't want that for the bride to be! After all you are going to get married to the  most hottest bachelor according to People's magazine! Isn't that wonderful?

His each word were like knife being thrown at me.

I feels tears start forming and my eyes start to burn. After drinking the water on my desk as I suddenly felt my throat going parched.

"Adam can we please not this through phone? Can you come to my place today 7 pm?"

"Oh so now I have to visit the queen's palace only. Oh sorry why would the queen visit a peasant house anyway?"

"Adam I don't know if you even can understand that how much your words are hurting me!"

"Oh sorry Emma! I am heartless creature here right! Right! Sorry! Very sorry!"

The sarcasm in each of his words that he was saying was choking me.

"Adam please don't.."  I say controlling my tears.

I hear the call getting cut before I could complete the sentence.

I look at my phone and a lone tear falls on the screen. I just remember the conversation we had before Alex visited.

I start to feel so bad, I start thinking it's my fault actually in the first place. I was the one who didn't tell him about it in the first place.

I place my head on the desk and my thoughts go back to the day after Alex leaves in James's house.
***
"So would you like some coffee?" James asks waiting for my reply.

I rub my eyes and shake my head acting as if I am clearing my ears. James just stands there amused.

"James did you just talk me to cordially? Oh my god! Is the world coming to an end?" I say dramatically.

James just shakes his head and sits in the sofa opposite to me.

"See I tried ok! Don't start going Gaga on me again!" He says smiling.

"Oh! Looks like someone is really in a good mood! Didn't know a man could satisfy you that well bruh!"

James just leans front has his hands folded and then says, "Emma first don't call me a bruh! Next what's up with you, I told you before itself I am a bi. Then I don't think so we were exclusive. Please correct me if I am wrong, I just saw you yesterday kissing a boy!"

I just controlled myself from cutting when he was giving his big ass lecture.

"Oh you are done? I thought I really have to take up your offer of having that coffee you offered if another word comes from your mouth." I say rolling my eyes.

"Wow Emma! You don't always forget me to remind me that I am having a conversation with a 2 year old.

Before I could say anything, I hear the doorbell ring. James gets up and just leaves like that.

I control my anger, like seriously his audacity to leave the argument just like that. What does he think about himself?

My thoughts all come to a crashing stop, when I see my parents along with James's dad comes through the hallway.

I really couldn't believe my eyes, if that was more shocking.

I was going to faint when James walks up to me and wounds his hand along my waist and says, "So darling you were about to say something?"

*********
Hello guys! Hope you all are doing well and good. A long update after a lot of days.
Don't forget to vote and comment!