Chapter 7 Threat?

I am close to pouncing on this jackass who is now smirking like he is on something.
I see Mr and Mrs. Walkers looking at me and waiting for some explanation.
I am sorry guys I didn't wanted to go around and talk about the stupid family pact which is literally ruining my life.
I smile sweetly at the monster who is sad to say but is looking ravishing.
And I say "If you don't shut it now, I rather make this event into a murder ground." I stop myself from growling. But it's just that whenever he is around he brings the worst in me.

Mrs. Walker intersects our staring event and says "Ok kids let's talk it out after the party shall we?" She looks at me pleadingly and I nod my head. I turn around to find Adam walking away.
Suddenly I find a breath of mint mixed with wood smell which sounds to be obnoxious but it smelled heavenly and manly. I feel a presence which is very close to me than my liking but I involuntarily close my eyes in our proximity I hear him say "Hmm.. seems like you angered the lover boy? Shouldn't you be running back of the guy of your dreams!"

The moment I hear his voice I felt as well someone poured ice cold water all over me. I opened my eyes in an instant shoved him over and said "Dare you come closer to me!" And I walk away I can hear him chuckle in the background but it was my least concern now.
I walk around and see a cute couple in the dance floor swaying and laughing and I just stand there and think if I ever will be in their position in my life. My phone vibrates at that moment and I see it's Emily. I take the call and I hear her scream into the phone "GIRL WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUUU?? Get your damn ass here!"
She screams more I just keep the phone away from me and chuckle at it cutting the call I go towards our safe haven.
You see parties get boring and we I mean Adam, Emily And I have found this wonderful place that's our hospital terrace it's beautiful and very high it's like the 10 th floor we have the best view.
So I get into the lift and start going up. I come up to see Emily drinking directly from the vodka bottle straight. And Adam is sitting on the ground looking at the view sipping beer.
I go towards him and take a beer from the nearby stash and stand closer to him and start drinking. I honestly don't like to drink but today's day is surely an exception.

I hear him say "So when did you think to tell me about your engagement with Mr.Arrogant?"
I chuckle at his comment and say "Adam there is nothing to tell about it, it's complicated." And I take a gulp of beer and shake my head in the bitter after taste. He gets up and leans against the wall and say "I am all ears say!"
I shake my head and start telling him all that has happened.
****
Adam swears and says "Oh my god Emma this sounds very pathetic. Do something before it's too late. I didn't expect tug of Mr and Mrs.Thompson.
My god I am so sorry for you. This must have been so difficult for you right?"
I nod my head and take a sip of my 3rd beer. Adam sees it and scrunches up his face but I shake my head and take a big gulp of it. I can feel my head swirling a bit.
Adam says "Woah woah! Emma we don't want you to get alcoholic poisoning now do we!?"
I shake my head and just start walking mindlessly, I actually feel a lot of emotions namely anger, sadness and pain. I don't want to feel anymore. I go to take another beer can that's when Adam catches my hand and I turn to face him and that's when I see his beautiful green orbs looking straight into my eyes. I feel so vulnerable.

As cliche as it sounds it feels like he is staring at my soul. This is the first time I am seeing him something more than a friend and I can feel my face beating up at our proximity and my heartbeat has started to accelerate.

Feeling a lot of emotions coming up and not wanting to regret my actions I look down. That's when I feel rough hands cupping my face and raiding it up. Adam looks at me earnestly and says "Please Emma allow me to show my real emotions, don't hide your feelings too!"
I get confused by his comment. And I scrunch up my face he smoothens my lines in the forehead and that touch made me to feel like my body was in fire.
And that moment my mind went blank and I started to move forward and I closed my eyes.
That's when Emily found it to be the best moment to stand too close to the railing and scream "GROUND YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!!"
I open my eyes and look Adam shake his head and we both walk towards Emily before she does something stupid.
I feel my phone vibrate and I look down to see it's an message and it was from unknown number it read "I see you are happy, but remember it won't last long. I will make sure you suffer each day till you die. You don't know what you signed up for Emma. But I am going to make your life a living hell.
From your loving fiancé😼"

Oh boy what is he 6? I wonder what is high on!? Seriously a threatening message. He is so 2010!
I put my phone into the purse and look at Adam trying to take away the wine bottle away from her hands. And smile at the scene.

I didn't know then that would be the last time I genuinely smile and the guy who my parents are trying to get me married is very dangerous than he looks.
_________________________________
Hey guys!
I know it sounds dark, I am just testing out a new lane.
I am sorry for the long break. Schools and exams are always tiring.
Vote and comment