The Wedding Planner [Chapter 11]

Start from the beginning

“Where to?” The cab driver’s voice startled me and I looked up at him. I forced a friendly smile on my lips and grabbed the address of the little restaurant that Kirk(or really Daphne) had picked out and that we were going to eat at. Honestly, I didn’t really know that many places were open on Christmas, and that taxis ran past six, but I guess we were lucky. I gave the paper with the address on it and handed it to the cab driver.

“Think you can get us there?” I asked.

The driver looked at the address then back up at me. I had on less make-up that  usual and Westly thought I looked better that way. “Fine, but I better get a good tip for this!” the driver said, holding the paper up in the air and then setting it down somewhere that I couldn’t see.

I smiled wider. “Thank you, sir.”

Westly looked at the man in an odd way, like he was scared of him or something, and I looked at him. “What? Never been in a taxi before?” I asked with a slight smirk.

“I have, but I don’t get in them a lot.” The taxi began to move, and we were on our way. “And honestly, I don’t want to remember the reason why.”

~~~~~~

I paid the taxi driver, we got out of the taxi, and it drove away. I watched the trail of hot… whatever it was come out of the tail pipe as it drove away.

We looked around to find the restaurant we were supposed to meet Kirk and Daphne at. “Please tell me we aren’t lost again. I’ve already been lost enough with you,” I remarked quietly.

“You know you had a good day that day, Lanea. Don’t complain that I’m awesome.”

I rolled my eyes and I started walking down the sidewalk toward a nice little place that I could see out of the corner of my eye. Westly followed close behind me, and I noticed another couple coming to meet us in coats. When Kirk looked up, our eyes meet and I smiled at him.

“Hey,” I said to him as we met and I got up on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around his neck to hug him. It was a friendly, short hug. No biggie deal for Daphne or Westly to worry about.

I released him and looked back at Westly when I took my place beside him. “Sorry about not informing you about Wes coming along.”

“It’s fine, Lanea. It’s nice to have a date on Christmas,” Daphne said, her red lips forming a Barbie doll-looking smile.

I smiled back and nodded, but my smile was almost as fake as hers, but mine was a light pink, or maybe I had only put on chapstick. My lips were naturally pink.

Kirk opened the door for Daphne and I and Westly walked in last after Kirk. The little restaurant was quiet, and few people sat in any seat anywhere. At least there wouldn’t be a wait.

Kirk gave the information for the reservations and we were showed to a booth. I sat on the same side as Westly like a sane person would, and Daphne beside her fiancée.