Chapter 23: Play it right

Start from the beginning

It's good we planned the thing just before lunch, instead of before school. What a relief. This is a disaster, of course, having him for a teacher, but at least it doesn't interfere with our plans.

"Alright class! Today in History we will be learning about-"

"Your mom!" Someone nearby shouts, and I look around in shock. Immediately I spot Kevin Little, the troublemaker and new kid, sniggering. He obviously hasn't heard about Wiggins or his reputation, I think as Wiggins scowls around the room.

Hey! This might be my opportunity to get called to his office with him! What we are doing later would get us suspended or expelled so we can't get caught doing that, so it could be this! I just have to make sure Gage comes with me.

"Ah, I see we have someone who wishes to be the class clown. Well, come on! Show yourself!" Kevin just looks away, trying to control his chuckles.

"Too much of a coward? That's what I thought. Now, as I was saying, today's lesson consists of-"

"Your mom!" Kevin says again, and I facepalm. I'm not sure this is something I want to take credit for. Wiggins' face turns a slight pink from anger, and I notice with worry that he is looking at Gage, who is right in front of Kevin. Aw hell.

He starts to walk over to Gage, so I shout, "Your mom goes to college!" And he instantly whips around to face the back row. In other words, me. Gage's eyes are wide, but mine are wider as Wiggins heads to my desk.

When suddenly, "That's not what your mom said last night!" is shouted. It was Gage this time, though Kevin is looking mighty proud, thinking he had started a 'Your mom' revolution or something.

"That's it! You two, my office." Wiggins hisses, stalking out of the classroom. Gage hurries to my side, and we high five each other and a few others before leaving the class. Gage gives me a look like 'We're screwed.' but I shake my head. 

'This is our chance.' I mouth to him, and he nods quickly, glancing at Wiggins and back to me as we follow him to the office.

'Do you think he will slip any details? How do get them out of him?' He mouths back, and I shrug, about to reply but we arrive at the office. We go inside, and I give the secretary a quick smile before going to Principal Wiggins' separate office.

Gage and I quickly sit side by side in front of his desk, looking around innocently. Wiggins sits down in front of us, and I can feel his glare burning holes into the side of my face. I don't meet his eyes, I just look around the office. 

"So, you're going to play that game? I suggest you look at me, or there will be consequences." Gage and I meet each other's eyes before looking at Wiggins' scowling face. Just then I notice my hands are shaking slightly, so I tuck them into my jacket pockets.

"Do you think what you did was funny? That you impressed your idiotic classmates?" I hate these questions! You never know if you're supposed to answer them or not!

"Umm...." I say, biting my lower lip. 

"Well you didn't!" Oh my! Nope, wasn't supposed to answer.

"All you did was embarrass yourselves. Fools. I am not someone who you can mess about with!" He shouts, and Gage looks down.

"I ain't no fool..." He mumbles quietly, and I kick his leg. Does he want to get us in more trouble?! Or dead?!

"What was that? Are you faggots playing footsie down there while i'm speaking to you?" He says in a scarily calm voice, making me gulp.

"N-no." He glares at me viciously, and at that moment I had no doubt he could have killed my dad. No sane person gets that look in their eyes. Gage clenches his fists beside me, obviously not happy with the way Wiggins was looking at me.

Wiggins notices, and a slight smirk appears on his face. He gets up, walking in front of me and glaring down. Abruptly he lurches forward and slams his hands on either side of my arm rests. I jump, my eyes wide with fear.

Lucky me my hands are in my pockets though. Gage is breathing through clenched teeth now, and Wiggins leans in my face slowly.

"What's wrong Mr.Jackson? You had so much fun in here with me last time. So much so that you were shaking with excitement." Swallowing, I lean as far back in my chair as I can, trying to make my shaking hands in my pockets unnoticeable. 

"Why are your hands in your pockets? Come on, take them out!" I shake my head no, and he bares his teeth.

"Why not?! I'm sure they can't be shaking nearly as much as when you found out your poor old daddy hung himself out to dry, hm?" I flinch, and Gage gets out of his chair in fury.

"That's enough! Let's go, Levi. You don't have to deal with this." He grabs my arm, leading me to the door and surprisingly Wiggins doesn't stop us, but laughs as we go.

"See you in class! Don't choke when I ask you questions, now!" After this Gage slams the door behind us, rushing out of the office. We get to the hall, but he doesn't stop, and keeps rushing until we are in the boys locker rooms.

As soon as we are in he pulls me into a tight  embrace, stroking my hair. I hug him to me as much as I can with these shaking hands, burying my face into his shoulder.

"Did you hear what he said Gage? H-he, he said, 'Don't choke.'" Gage  lets go, looking into my eyes.

"Your father was choked, wasn't he?" I nod, and we look at each other gravely, coming to the same conclusion. 

Wiggins killed my father. 

----------DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNN! Don't jump to things just yet, there are more twists to come! :O "B-but Miss Project, how can there be more twists? This story is already a pretzel!" Ohhohohoho just you wait little squeaky voice in my head. Just you wait. By the way, what were you guys for Halloween? Just wonderin'. Leave it in the comments, and don't forget to vote! :D----------