Chapter 15: Everything

----------You there. Read. Comment. Good day.----------

Okay, so to say the least the drive was hilarious. 

I teased him for like five minutes, but it would have only taken two minutes to get to his house if I hadn't been grabbing his thigh and making him stop the car every ten seconds. It was so fun! For me at least, heh. I was laughing like a maniac when we finally  pulled up to his house, the blush on his face was just too much.

He ignored me as I got out of the car and also as we walked up to the door. I just shook my head, giggling and wincing at the fiery pain in my ribs from laughing. Gage scowls at me for a second before going in the house. I stare after him surprised for a second when I mentally face palm and realise that it's his house, he doesn't have to ring the stupid doorbell.

Sighing at my pitiful amount of common sense, I follow him inside and shut the door gently behind me. I wonder what his step mom is like. I know his mom died a long time ago, when he was born, but I've never met Jenny. Gage's friends talk about her and shiver, so I am a little worried. Oh well.

Then Gage motions for me to stay there, and I nod, watching his butt as he walks off. Yep. Completely in love. Smirking, I look around at the house curiously. The living room is to my right, and behind that is the kitchen separated by a stylish wall. To my left is a wall decorated with pictures consisting of Gage and a cute little girl with big brown eyes and black ringlets. The wall stretches further to a set of stairs, and around that corner must be another room.

Maybe that room is warmer, because I am freaking freezing up in here! Geez, it's December people, turn up the heat! I take out my hands and zip my hoodie up to my chin, pulling the hood over my head and tightening the strings so only my eyes and nose are visible. Heehee, that works. I loved doing this as a kid. Why did I ever stop?! It's amazing, like your own little sweater club! 

Smiling happily, I start walking to see what the other room is  like when I bump into someone.

"Oops, so-" I stop in shock when I see the a wrinkly old woman staring at me with huge eyes.

"AAAAAAGHH! BURGLAR!" What?! She starts to smack me all over, and I yelp while trying to escape.

"Get off lady! OW!" She hits my face that time, and giving up on the pain in my ribs I make a mad dash to the kitchen, the crazy lady following me. I scurry behind the island, and we both end up at opposite ends, having a staring match.

"Who are you?! What are you doing in my house?! Show yourself, hobo burglar!" Eh?! Sweatpants don't make me a hobo burglar! Then I realise that I still have my hoodie up over my face like an Eskimo, and quickly yank it off. 

"There! See? Do you think these innocent features could burglarize anyone?!" I shout, rubbing the bandages on my ribs and wincing while her jaw drops, and her whole body language changes towards me.

"Oh. Well. My name is Jennifer Zachary, but you, you can call me Jenny." She winks, and it's my turn to jaw drop. Is she serious here? No way Jose. This lady is like, ten billion years old! I didn't know Gage's grandma was visiting!

"So what's your name, cutie pie?" Ew, ew, ew, ew, EW. 

"I'm Levi, Gage's friend." I made sure to emphasize Gage's name, but this only seemed to excite her more.

"So you'll be here often then?" I am about to answer, when something clicks. She said her name was Jennifer ZACHARY. As in, like, the Jenny Zachary? Gage's step mom!? 

"Jenny! What did you do to Levi? He looks like he fears for his life!" Gage says as he appears in the kitchen, rushing over to me and holding my face.