Chapter 11: Point taken

----------I am updating a lot because I want to get started on my new story and I can't do that until I have reached chapter 12 on my story. It's a personal rule :P Hope you enjoy!----------

Okay. The following two weeks went a little like this.

Firstly, the Principle has been pushing the envelope with the revenge on Gage and I, which has been making my school life almost as miserable as my home life. So I need to work out a solution there.

Secondly, Emmet the ginger nuisance, which is what i've been calling him lately, has been a constant pest. I shouldn't put it so harshly, but it's like this. Emmet opens any door he can for me, he carries my lunch to my table even though he doesn't even sit with me there, he pulls out my chairs helps with my books and my locker and anything he can get his paws on! Like the most annoyingly helpful servant known to man. I keep trying to tell him he hasn't done anything wrong, but he wont listen! Ahem. Anyways.

Thirdly, Gage has been following me nonstop as well. The scary thing is, he is....kind of succeeding in drawing the old me back out. I didn't think it was possible. I haven't been showing it on the outside, but I certainly can't deny it on the inside. Gage makes me happier than any person on the planet, seeing as i'm in love with him, and when i'm around him all the time it's hard to stay sad or hurt or depressed.

He has apologised every day for any rude or mean or even slightly offensive thing he has said to me in the past two months. I really do try to keep myself reserved, but not only is that something I have never done or been able to do, I don't want to do that with Gage. I've forgiven him already, and my whole being aches to tell him I love him all the time, to follow HIM everywhere and show him how much I care. But now that he's...somewhat possibly interested in me I feel like it would weird him out. I don't know.

Fourthly and finally, my dad. He has only gotten physically violent twice recently, and neither have been severe enough to warrant a hospital visit or anything. With my dad, I am completely and utterly stumped.

He rambles on and on about how he's not in the wrong, how I was the one sleeping and leaving her alone. I don't understand but i'm worried. He hasn't been eating, or sleeping, or going to work the past few days. Luckily he said he has plenty of sick days, which was one of the topics I got beat about recently, I think as my mind flashes back to a few nights ago.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I could hear more things breaking as I approached the door, though I didn't know what else there was to break. My hand shook as I reached for the doorknob, but that wasn't anything new. I couldn't define the shaking, nor was it escalating so I let it be. I entered the house quietly, in case he was by the door. He wasn't, he was across the room panting, looking as much of a mess as the house did. That's odd, he usually looks neat and nicely shaved because he's just got home from work.

"Dad?" I approach him cautiously, swinging the door shut with my foot. He looks up at me, watching as I stand in front of him.

"What?" His voice was gruff, like he had been eating sandpaper. Or screaming.

"Hi, um, I'm home from school obviously. What, eh, have you been up to? Did you go to work?" He blinks, eyes suddenly turning suspicious.

"Why do you ask that? Are you assuming that I didn't go to work?" I shake my head quickly, but he stands up with his fists clenched.

"You have no right to question my actions! I go to work every damn day for you! Is that not good enough for you, Levi? I can't even take one day off?!" He backhands me across the face, knocking me to the floor from the sheer power behind that one blow.