2.01 » tossing coins

CAMELLIA GLARED AT THE PHONE SCREEN in her hand, the light making her sea green eyes appear teal. "I agree with them. This is a pattern."

She handed Maggie her phone back and she placed it on the bed. The identical girls both stood in the middle of Magnolia's white and pastel green themed room, recently decorated with several different plants by Cami over the summer.

"Isaac and I are the only ones who know what the girl looks like. But what do the bruises she left on Lydia and Allison have anything to do with Scott?" Maggie began to pace back and forth.

"Maybe there's something we're missing," Cami suggested.

"Well that girl saved Isaac from the Alpha pack..."

"The what?" Camellia's face dropped.

Maggie stopped in her tracks and repeated herself. "The Alpha pack?"

"No. Fuck. No no no." Her eyes widened and instinctively grabbed Maggie by the arms and forced her to take a seat on the bed. "An Alpha pack? Who's their leader? Please tell me you know the leader's name!"

"You're scaring me," Magnolia said softly, Cam's eyes still searching for an answer in hers. "His name is Deucalion."

Camellia felt like the breath had been knocked out of her. She tried to take a solid breath in, running her hands through her hair. For once, she didn't know what to do.

"What?"

"Magnolia. That's the werewolf that killed Grandma. The one who killed us."

The two stared at each other in fear for several seconds.

"You don't think he's here to kill us... right?"

Camellia thought about it before giving her an outright answer. "No. We were gone all summer and you said the pack had marked their symbol on Derek's door months ago right?"

Maggie nodded solemnly.

"Okay so they have Erica and Boyd, the most logical explanation is that they're here for Derek."

"Why Derek?"

"Because he's the alpha around here. Remember when I told you the story about what happened before, you know—"

"Yeah," Maggie breathed.

"Deucalion wanted that kid Nathan to be a part of his pack because he was strong for his age. He recruits the best of the best, it's his thing. If he's keeping Derek's pack captive it's because he wants to lure Derek into his trap. He wants Derek to join him."

Magnolia nodded slowly. "I need to warn him."

"And what are you gonna do when he asks how you know this information?" Cami crossed her arms.

She looked out the glass doors of her balcony into the darkness of the night. "I think it's time to tell them."

"Absolutely not."

"We're in danger Cami. It'd be safer if they knew so at least they could protect us!"

She seemed to take this into consideration, pulling up the seat that belonged to the vanity. When she sat, Malfoy the maltese jumped into her lap.

"Well have you even seen Deucalion yet?"

Magnolia responded, "Nope. None of the alphas so far."

"Okay. The good news is that nymphs aren't detectible to werewolves' scent tracking."

"Oh wow. So how does that work?"

Camellia began to explain using her hands even though it didn't make it any clearer for Maggie. "So we're dryads AKA wood nymphs, duh. Which means the scent we give off is earthy and floral, much like a billion other perfumes and fragrances in existence. Dryads pretty much smell like all other humans. But us—" she motioned between them, "since we're part dryad, part naiad, and part human, the supernatural scent mostly drowns out our individual human scent. Only werewolves who spend a lot of time with us would be able to tell us apart from another dryad."