Chapter 108 [The Hunting Begins]

Start from the beginning

Yueqi, too, shot a curious look at Lin Mengwu and Lin Mengya, who were supposedly sisters, but definitely did not look like sisters.

"Big Sister Lin, why are you totally different from Lin Mengwu?"

Yueqi quietly tugged at Lin Mengya's dress. She was still so innocent. Although Yue had two concubines, they had gone about things in a cultured manner and each concubine conducts herself with integrity and courtesy.

Moreover, the two mothers in the household were the kind who kept to their words, so she had never had such experience at Lin Mengya.

"Of course thing are different when we did not come from the same mother."

Lin Mengya's mother was gentle and quiet. Although she was not around for long, the servants in the household were full of praises for her.

Unlike Shanggong Qing, who only knew to fight and force her way through. She would not take into consideration other people's kindness towards her.

Not to mention others, even this stepdaughter of hers almost died in her hands.

How could such a reckless woman be compared to her birth mother?

"That's right, I think you're prettier."

Although they shared the same father, Lin Mengya and Lin Mengwu were beautiful in a totally different way.

One was stunningly gorgeous and elegant.

While the other simply had delicate features and her beauty was merely above average.

Yueqi looked from one to the other and concluded that Lin Mengya looked more like her father.

The moment Lin Mengwu heard their conversation, she was so enraged that she clenched her fists and shot them deathly looks.

They were really too much! The Queen, who was her aunt, was the one who insisted she joined the hunting trip. She promised her that she would help her attract the attention of the crown prince of the western vassal state.

Otherwise, she would never come to such a horrible place.

"Mother, they..."

Lin Mengwu turned and walked to where Shangguan Qing was. Compared to her enraged daughter, Shangguan Qing was much more poised.

She looked completely unperturbed, but continue to fix her eyes on the hunting competition.

"Wu'er, do you want to be like them?"

There was the usual arrogant tone in her voice. In Shangguan Qing's eyes, these three girls were merely children born out of wedlock.

They could not be compared to her daughter, who was of pure, noble blood, and was bright and witty.

"Surely I'm not at all like them."

Although Lin Mengya wanted so much to retaliate, however, she was afraid that if she were to upset the plan again, her aunt Queen would not give her a second chance.

"Don't worry, your aunt had reassured me that you will become the consort to the prince of the western vassal state. You have to know that not everyone could become the consort to the crown prince. Moreover, that crown prince is tall and handsome, is of a pureblood. He and you are a perfect match."

Lin Mengwu's initial rejection had landed Lin Mengya's maid a good deal.
To push away such a perfect candidate for a son-in-law would be imprudent.

Therefore, when the queen offered another chance to Lin Mengwu, they immediately took it.

The only challenge now was for Lin Mengwu to attract the attention of the crown prince. She would have to work hard at it.