"Really?" I ask shocked. I mean I know her Grams is the town "witch" but what if it's all real.

I mean, if vampires are real, why can't people be psychic and have powers?

"Yeah," she reached into her bag for a pen and piece of paper. She writes something down, "Here's her address. I'll give her a call and tell her to expect you."

I let out a sigh of relief, maybe I'd get some type of answers. "Thanks, Bon."

"You're welcome. Let me know what she says." I nod then the bell rings, signaling us to get to class.

————————————————————————

The school day had passed. At lunch, I told Elena and Bonnie that I had to go to the library to avoid talking to Stefan. But that wasn't the only reason. I went to do some research on vampires and possibly power/magic.

I had sat down on the floor with a stack of books to my right and a sandwich and grapes on my left. I flipped through the books and found some actually interesting information.

I wrote down some of the things I found on a notecard before putting the books away and packing my stuff up.

After that, the day went on as usual. I left school with Elena and she dropped me off at my house.

So then I hopped on my bike—I really need a car—and made my way to Bonnie's Gram's house.

That leads me to where I am now. I'm standing on the front porch. I raise my right hand to knock before dropping it. I let out a sigh. "There's no point, this is silly," I mumble to myself.

I turn around ready to walk away and go home when I hear a door open. I turn back around and see an older woman staring at me.

To be her age, she looks pretty young. She stays inside the doorway, "You're Bonnie's friend...Y/N, is it?"

I nod my head, "Yes ma'am."

She waves her hand, "No need for formalities. Ma'am makes me feel older than I already am." She gestures for me to come in.

I adjust my bag on my shoulder and step inside. I'm confused as she watches me as I get inside. I close the front door behind me as we head to her living room.

"Tea?" She asks as she goes to step into what I assume is the kitchen.

"Yes, thank you," I fiddle with a loose thread on my shirt while waiting for her to come back.

I don't notice her when she walks up, so her voice made me jump. "Here you go, sweetie." I take the cup from her and thank her.

"I didn't mean to startle you," she says as I sip from the cup, the warm liquid trickling down my throat, soothing it.

"It's fine," I set the cup on the platter she had set out for us, "I scare easily."

"So," I raise my gaze to her, "What is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

I straighten and run my hand over my hair. "Well, some weird things have been happening lately." She nods for me to continue, reminding me of Bonnie. "I know it sounds silly, but it's almost like I'm making these things happen."

I expect her to laugh or for amusement or annoyance to appear on her face, but no. Her eyebrows furrow and she waves her hand at me, "What do you mean?"

I pick my cup up and drink from it before speaking again, "So, I have a candle in my house and for some reason, the lighter I have hasn't been working." I take another sip, "Last week, the lighter wasn't working, and when I concentrated on the candle a flame appeared."