Part 17. Exes and Summer Flings

ابدأ من البداية

I looked at her with the anger of my own "No. I'm not. He means nothing to me anymore. I-I-" I stopped and looked towards Sawyer who still looked concerned, I turned back to Dini who had an eyebrow raised waiting for me to finish what I was gonna say "Don't look at me like that. He broke my heart, I will never give my heart back out again."

Dini frowned as she sat on her bed and sighed reaching for her phone "I'm going to let Doug know about this" she said before dialing his number and moving to the bathroom for a private conversation.

Leaving Sawyer and me alone ...

I turned to look at him, he looked lost in thought. I hesitated for a moment before speaking to him. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He said, a confused look on his face "You can't control your ex. Trust me, I know from experience. My ex was a bitch, your ex, is apparently, a dick." That made me laugh a bit as I pick at a loose string on my shorts.

"Looks like we are both terrible at picking dates, huh?"

He chuckled, "Yeah. It's probably a good thing neither of us knew we were being set up by Dini" he spoke softly, I looked at him to find him looking down at me smiling.

Wow, this guy was something else entirely. Any other guy would have either backed down from what happened out in the hallway or took it to the next level, he handled it as well as he could. He wasn't ... Will.

"She did well."

Sawyer lifted his hand and let it roam my hair, I reached up wrapping my arm around his neck as he leaned down and placed his lips on mine.

I felt him tangle his fingers in my hair as he kissed me softly and placed his other hand around my back under his jacket I was wearing.

Okay, I know I am not kissing this guy while my ex is probably roaming the hotel building, I thought as my arms wrapped around his neck and he brought me closer to him, kissing me as if I were fragile.

And, from what all I put up with, out of Will, I so was not fragile.

He broke the kiss to come up for air and I grabbed him by his shirt collar putting my forehead to his, we got lost in the eyes of each other which made me smile.

"I'm not gonna break, Sawyer."

He closed his eyes "I just know how hard a break up can be, mine was bad. I don't want to push you into anything while you are still dealing with him" he told me, opening his eyes to look at me.

I grinned as I looked up at him "He isn't the one I want to be dealing with" I said, this made him smirk as he closed the distance between us and placed his lips back on mine.

It was odd, feeling his hand rub my lower back as I basically sat on his lap with my arms around his neck. It felt as if nothing could ruin this moment.

Boy, was I so wrong.

The bathroom door opened and I heard "Doug is going to tell hotel- damn, get it Lil" Dini said, coming out of the bathroom. I sprung away from Sawyer who looked like he needed a breather anyway.

I cleared my throat "Doug is going to do what?" I asked, catching my breath and changing the subject.

She wagged her finger at me "You aren't getting out of this. We are so talking" she said, sending a grin between me and Sawyer before crossing her arms getting serious "Doug is gonna tell the hotel security about Will, if the jackass isn't staying here then they will keep him away." She sat on her bed as Sawyer stood up from mine and scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm gonna stay here until the boys get back." He moved to sit down on the window seat and look out it.

Dinah was grinning as she grabbed a magazine from her bag and laid across her bed to turn on the TV "Don't mind me, lovebirds, you two get back to SmoochVille USA, I promise that I won't look."