Becoming a pirate

"Then it's settled, Quinn will infiltrate a pirate crew and find out who the true enemy of the kingdom is!" Lazy announced. Easier said then done! I have to pretend to be a boy! I like being a girl, I can flirt my way out of any trouble and use my feminine charm to get bargains on weapons and other really expensive stuff. Well shit! Ugh I guess I have to take one for the team. But I swear when I get back you'll be waking up to OFF milk lazy!

Looking in the mirror I guess I kind of look like a boy, a scrawny boy at that! My long wavy almost white blond hair has been tamed and put into a plat down my back, I'm wearing bandaged over my chest and am wearing a baggy top so my curves aren't too obvious. My pants are ones that normal boys wear now, I'm wearing boots that come up to my mid calf with a belt rapped around my hip with my katana held in place as well as a couple of throwing knives strapped to my thighs and a three dagger one tucked into my boots and two strapped to the back of my belt. All in all I look pretty piratey, that is except for my face. As much as it pains me to say it Regen was right I do look too girly, I could always say I never went through puberty that's why I have a feminine face and a high voice. As I look into the mirror what stands out the most is my aqua eyes - there literally aqua, who has aqua eyes!... My face still is a bit chubby but you can still see the outline of my cheek bone, I have a small nose and big eyes - when I was little people use to call me bug eyes, that is until the got scared of me.

How to join a pirate ship is easy enough just go to an island in the pirate territory and beat one if their best guys in a sword fight then Taa Daaa! you get your pirate crew on a silver plater.
That's why I'm going indigo island, that's where pirates stop and party without having to worry about being attacked. During the night time the island is full of drunken party's, but during the day time it transforms into a trading dock where pirates meet to make deals and get supplies so it's perfect.
The island itself is a decent size island with lots of shops and taverns, it has a massive dock that holds hundreds of ships - both pirates and non-pirate ships.
Walking on the docks I got a handful of stares from crews - though I guess I would stare too if I saw what looked to be a young girlish looking boy walking with pride with a heap of weapons strapped to his hips and legs, in the middle of a dock where everyone was tough looking and had a hole crew of tuff looking men to back them up.

As I was walking along a silent sea side road I had the misfortune/ luck to run into a buff looking man in his mid twenties with scares and tattoos all over his body seeming to be intoxicated and with what looked like his crew behind him who also looked to be heavily intoxicated. "Aye watch we're your going sea legs!"
I know I could be clumsy sometimes but that's no reason to tease someone so!
"why don't you watch where your going! You drunken basted!"
The plan was to get him angry so he would pick a fight and then I would have the honour if beating his ass and then try to weasel my way into his crew.
"You know I WAS gonna let you off this one time, cause it's obvious that your not from here! But now I see I have to beat the sense into you!!" He's voice escalating and getting more slurred the more he speakers. To this his crew all cheered swinging their arms and swords around. This was soon followed but a strong arm speeding towards my face with all his strength.
I simply stepped to the side at the last second to avoid his attack and watched as the force he put into his punch backfired and sent him flying past me and onto the ground head first.
"YOU BASTED!" Yelled some if his crew as they surrounded me on all sides and the caption struggled to stand. Oh well I guess I'll just have to find another crew to join cause all these mighty buff heads were about to have their asses handed to them!
The next 50 seconds felt like everything was in slow motion. About 30 tuff looking men drew their swords and launched towards me. It was easy enough to simply avoid most of them and send them hurdling towards their own men, some needed a helping hand in the form of a boot to their butt to send them really flying. Others however weren't so easy. These ones were obviously trained and had years of experience to them. They came for me and saw through my dodges and acted accordingly stepping to use their force to swing around and come back at me, these ones I actually had to put in some effort. If there weren't 10 of them it would be simple but they seemed to be able to work together unlike the first 20 who just lunged unprepared in a drunken stagger. The ten or so circled me swords pointed towards me.
"DRAW YOUR SWORD BOY!" The captain yelled obviously aggravated that I wasn't even trying.
"I only drew my sword when needed" seeing his face turn red I almost laughed but that was cut short when he yelled 'attack' and they all came running towards me. I ducked and dodged, I kicked and lunged, skilfully manoeuvring between them gracefully throwing punches of my own landing every hit successfully knocking them out one by one until there was only one left, the one left being the captain who demanded me to drew my sword
"Huh, how fitting," I said staring into his shocked and scared eyes "you still want me to drew my sword?" I continued lightly laughing I walked towards him.
"what are you!" He yelled looking like he was about to piss himself right there and then. But then something changed in his eyes, a sort of expectance like he was excepting his fate and then he lunged swinging his sword, this surprised me so I sort of stood there socked but quickly getting over my shock I realised he was quick as well as strong for he was almost on me in under a second. There was too little time to dodge him so instead I caught his sword inches away from my face clasping in in between my clapped hands I push it towards him throwing him off balance, crouching down I swept my leg underneath his leg making him fall flat on his ass standing up and walking over to stand over his cowering body looking down on him.
Behind his defensive arms his eyes were wide and shocked.
"Clam down I'm not going to kill yo-"
"Why! What kind of monster are you! What are you going to do with me!" He demanded hearing the panics in his voice I realised how intimidating I must look looming over him like that, so I sat down next to him pulling him up to a sitting position facing me.
"Look I just want to join a crew." Seeing the astonishment on his face I continued "would you know any I would be able to join? Not a big one or anything just a small one where I can lay low."
"What are you on the run or something?" He remarked.
Considering things tilting my head form side to side in a sort of vague respond saying "Something like that, so you know any?"
"I could take you to the captain he might know something." He said obviously still in shock. Hearing groans from behind me I guessed his crew was waking up. Wait he's not captain!
"Wait I thought you were a captain?"
"No just second in command."
"Oh then I'm sorry for everything I thought since you were the captain you would send on of you best men or something to teach me a lesson for knocking into you, then I would beat him and you would want me on your crew... I was kind of in a rush." I said giving him an apologetic look.
To my surprise he actually burst into laughter holding his belly and throwing his head back and laughing. Clapping me on "oh boy you must have some balls on you to pick a fight with a captain and his hole crew and then apologise!"
More groans from the crew followed by a "what the hell!" And a couple other curses.
Still laughing the second in command exclaimed "Men we have made a new friend today hahah what a day!"
A friend? This guy must be very drunk considering I just beat up his hole crew and made him almost piss his pants! And now we're all friends?!
"What the hell could have happened while I was out to make this boy our friend?" Exclaimed one of the recovering men, and really I was wondering the same thing.
"Your drunk aren't you?" I questioned the man.
"No I'm Phill," he simply stated. "And you are?"
"Quinn"