Thirty-Seven...

(Trigger Warning - don't read if you're triggered by suicide)

(Y/Ns PoV)

About 10 police cars pulled up around you. You stopped the stream and faced the officers. You didn't know what to say. They weren't the attention that you were looking for.
"Come away from the edge young lady", a police man says to you, holding his hand out.
"No... I've made my decision... I'm jumping..." you reply, choking on your words.

The police man shook his head.
"Please miss, this is Gotham. We have bigger things to worry about", he spat roughly. Another officer nudged him angrily.
"You know what... you do have other things to worry about. I know. Nobody cares about us. Everything's about Harvey Dent or Bruce Wayne or Commissioner Gordon... powerful men. We don't get the chance to be important." You reply, shouting at him.

That's when you see the familiar black vehicle pull up behind the police cars. The bat mobile.

Batman got out of the car and runs over to you.
"Don't come any closer", you say to him. He's about 3 metres away from you.
"Y/n... please come away. I love you. I can't lose anybody else", he cries at you. He also holds his hand out at you, but you ignore it.

Just at that moment, you see him. The man that broke your heart. The man that pushed you to these extremes.

He looked into your eyes. He walked slowly towards you. You didn't tell him to stop. You couldn't do anything. You were frozen still. Your breathing stopped.

You managed to say "I didn't think you'd come", in a whisper.
"I've come to collect what's mine." He replies.

You feel the butterflies in your stomach and an animalistic feeling. You wanted to grab his face and kiss him as hard as you could in the pouring rain. But you couldn't, you couldn't let him break you again.

He stepped towards you slowly and you couldn't tell him to stop. Your eyes forced you to look into his. You couldn't look away if you tried.
"Y/N, don't do this", you hear Bruce say from behind the joker.
"Why not", you spit at him.
"Because- um because-" Bruce stuttered.
"Because I love you", the joker cut in.

He loves you? He can't? If he did then he never would've kissed Harley. He never would've cheated on you.
"But you kissed... her", you reply to him, "you don't love me".
"I kissed her so I could get out quicker and see you. I couldn't bare another minute without you... plus she kissed me... just setting the record straight".

"Why did you kill her?" You ask him. He steps closer to you.
"Because I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. I couldn't live in this world with that woman in it. The thought of her makes my skin itch, y/n... please believe me".

You contemplated it for a moment. He killed her. What if he changed his mind and kills you too? Even if he didn't, and just left you on your own, you'd rather be dead. There's no way he loved you, so why not just jump. It wasn't your intention at first, but maybe it was the only way out. It would hurt him, the way that he hurt you. This was the end of the road for you. Either die here or die emotionally.

You leant forwards over the edge and took one hand off the rail. You stared into the joker eyes as you did it. You see him jump and jolt forwards as you do so.
"Stay away." You tell him, softly. You were scared, but you knew what you wanted to do.
"Please y/n, don't. I can't live without you. I'll do anything for you." He cries. A single tear drops onto his cheek, but it quickly masked by the rain.

You lean forward even more.
"If you're gonna do it, I'm gonna jump with you", he says sternly to you.
"W-what?" Bruce says from behind him, "joker... this is not part of the plan..."
"I meant what I said, I can't live without you."

You hated him. You hated him with all your heart but you didn't want him to die.

So you let go completely of the rail before he could follow you. The last thing you hear is him shout your name. A single tear falls from your tear as you hurdle towards the water below.

"I love you", you whisper into the air, just as you hit the surface of the cold black water. You hoped the wind would carry it to him. Your eyes close, then nothing.

Darkness.