"Of course" Harry said, as he got the key out of the bag "Uh, how is he?"

I sighed "His vitals are good. A nurse is coming in every fifteen minutes to check"

Harry nodded "He looks so broken"

"I know, but a nurse told me he looked much worse, before the surgery" I said, rubbing the top of Liam's hand. "I'm kind of glad that I didn't see how bad he was, you know?" I felt my eyes water "Is that alright to say? I don't know what I'm supposed to say in this situation"

I ran my hand through my hair and Harry pulled a chair up next to me.

"You don't have to put on an act, not about this" he said, pulling me into a side hug.

"I'm just trying to be strong; but knowing that he was out there all alone, hurting, and I couldn't do anything, I" I stopped speaking, choking on my words, before starting to cry.

"You can cry, it's okay. You've been strong enough, it's alright to be weak" he said, consoling me.

"I don't want to say I was right, but if the damn police had just listened" I cried.

"I know, we all should have listened, we were just trying to trust what the officers thought was right" he said, shaking his head.

I looked down at Darren "I was so scared that Darren was going to lose his father"

Harry lifted my chin "Gracie, even if something more serious happened to Liam, Darren would never lose his father, ever"

I nodded and took a deep breath, wiping my eyes.

"I told you, it's alright to cry, you don't have to wipe them away and be ashamed of it. The lads and I have all had our fair share of crying as well, since we got the news" he said.

I looked at him "I'm so glad you all have been here for me; I don't know what I would have done without any of you"

"Well you don't have to think about that, because even with our crazy antics, you're still stuck with us, Gracie Dixon" he said, giving a small smile "I mean Gracie Payne"

I smiled back and sighed "I wish you all could be back here"

He shook his head "Don't think about that, we know why we can't. We wish we could, but we understand"

"The doctor said that when he wakes up, depending on his condition, he could be in a new room by this afternoon; you all can see him then" I said.

I looked around the room "What time is it?"

"Nearly eight" he sighed.

I yawned "I can feel the time, I just don't know what it is"

He looked at me and Darren "Do you want me and the lads to watch him for a bit? So you can get some rest"

I shook my head "I appreciate it, but I want him here when Liam wakes up. Liam would want to see him"

He nodded "Alright, well I best get out of here, before a nurse comes in and calls security" He chuckled as he reached the door "Keep us updated"

I nodded "I have my phone nearby, in case any news breaks"

He smiled and exited the room, closing it behind him, slowly.

I'm so glad I saw one of them, I needed it.

I stood up, with Darren still in my arms.

I walked around, bouncing him a little, while he giggled.

I leaned against the window and saw that the damn press had already found the location.

Can't they just leave us be?

I understand normal events, but this is just uncalled for.

I yawned once more, feeling so tired.

All I wanted was to be back home, in bed, with Liam beside me.

I unlocked my phone and looked at the pictures I had taken of him.

I smiled, feeling the tears build up more as I saw his goofy selfies that he felt the need to take on my phone.

"You silly goon" I said, shaking my head. I held the phone in front of Darren "See how silly daddy is?"

He reached out, touching the phone screen, changing pictures to the one Liam and I had taken the night before the accident.

We look so happy.

For a moment we got to enjoy being here. 

The way he looked at me when he saw me in that dress, I wish I could have captured it, because that look made me feel so special.

He makes me feel special in general.

I set my phone down on the window seat and closed the curtain, not wanting to see the damn press anymore.

I walked back to my seat and moved it closer to Liam, before sitting down.

I kept Darren on my lap and he started putting his teething ring in his mouth again.

I looked down "I need you, Liam"