You looked up at the high bleachers and spotted the entire Karasuno volleyball team. Nishinoya and Hinata were springing up and down in the air holding a large banner with 'GO (y/n)!!!' painted on it. Tanaka and Kageyama were holding a sign as well, and Daichi and Asahi—your other third year friends—had a neatly printed cloth banner that had a supportive message on it. And finally Suga, oh Suga... the rest of the team was helping him hold an enormous cardboard sign that read 'We love you (y/n)!'

Your stage smile quickly turned into a genuine one as you saw them. "Do your best (y/n)!" "Good luck!" "Go (y/n)!" the voices cheered from the crowd.

The lights began to dim and a white spotlight shined on you. You took in a deep breath and closed your eyes. Your dad, your friends, your coach, your boyfriend... everyone who has supported you was wishing you good luck. What more could you ask for?

Merry Go Round of Life from Howl's Moving Castle began to play, it was one of your favorite songs. You took your first step, gliding beautifully and gracefully across the ice. You had a total of 4 jumps in this program with 2 combination spins.

Your arms danced with your body as you hopped and glided. Your program's theme was romance found only in fairy tales, hence the reason this song was so perfect. You skated backwards as you gained speed for your first jump. I can do this, just like at practice. A quad lutz, no sweat. Damn it (y/n) you're overthinking this.

You jumped into the air, spinning at the perfect speed. "A perfectly executed quad lutz! (l/n) is really giving us a first impression!" you grinned and continued with the program.

You glided towards the center in a side spiral as you transitioned into your spin combinations. What if you added a little something to the spin? It couldn't hurt that much, right? You jumped into the spin, making it a flying sit spin. A few revolutions on the bullet sit spin, then to a pancake spin.

The audience cheered as you stood back up with a hop. The announcer's voice made some kind of comment on your trick, but you were a bit too dizzy to understand their words.

Now your next jumps, which were the triple axel triple toe loop combination. You gathered your speed, focusing carefully on your footwork, but keeping the choreography in mind. You propelled yourself off the ground and landed steadily, then performed the second jump. The landing wasn't as steady as the axel's, but everything was still counted.

You felt your legs begin to tire, your fatigue was starting to show once again. Just one more jump... that's it. It wasn't too difficult, not difficult at all. Your vision began to distort as you went into a spread eagle. The shouts from the rink echoed inside your head.

"Oh no..." your coach muttered to herself as she watched. She knew what was happening. Your stamina was incredible, so it wasn't that that was affecting you, it was your mindset.

You sloppily turned on the ice as you continued. I can't mess this up... if i mess this up then i'm risking my spot for nationals. You sped up, faster than you should have for a triple loop. Backwards you skated, the air blowing your skirt up. The echoes weren't helping, nor were the bright lights. Uh oh.

"GO (y/n)!!!" a loud shout caught your attention from the bleachers. You caught a glance of Suga, he looked... so proud. That's right, you couldn't let them down. You propelled yourself through the air and spun, planting a perfect landing. You quickly turned back around and swung your leg up, adding an improvised double axel.

"AND AN EXTRA DOUBLE AXEL! THERE YOU HAVE IT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, (y/n)(l/n)!" the voice exclaimed, making you grin. You quickly skated to the middle of the rink and swung into an upright spin combination. As you slowed down, you stopped yourself and struck your finishing pose.

It was quiet for a moment since the music stopped. The only thing you could hear was your rapid heartbeat and breathless panting.

The crowd suddenly roared as they stood up from their seats. You looked directly at Suga, who was cheering at the top of his lungs. You saw your dad too. The entire (y/n) support crew quickly made their way down to congratulate you.

You skated to the exit and found your coach. She immediately embraced you when you stepped off the ice. "(y/n)—" she cried out and wiped dramatic tears from her face. "THAT WAS AMAZING!" you almost passed out from how tight she was squeezing you.

"But why did you change the program! You could have collapsed! Do you know how worried i was during your last jump?!" she walked you away from the rink's entrance. "So i could win of course," you said proudly, "I'm sorry for making you worried."

Your coach sighed, "...I'm really proud of you, (y/n)," she smiled. "(y/n)!!!" you turned around to see Suga sprinting towards you. He swooped you off the ground and held you up. "(y/n)—," he dragged on your name, "You did awesome!" he kissed you on the lips, you both smiling against each other.

Your dad ran up to you and hugged you from the other side, now squishing both you and your boyfriend. "Ah, d-dad," you stammered. "(y/n)!" tears ran down his face. "D-dad?!" you looked at him, this wasn't the first time you've seen him cry.

"Ah, Mr. (l/n), i cant breathe," Suga struggled in your dad's arms as he held the both of you. "Oh, sorry Sugawara!"

A couple of programs later, the event finished. You were anxiously sitting on a bench near the other competitors. Your dad was standing behind you with his hands on your shoulders, your coach was sitting next to you, and Suga was on your other side squeezing your hand tightly.

"And the results for the Miyagi prefecture regionals are..." the announcer boomed. A screen lit up with ranks and names. Your jaw dropped when you found your name. "...and finally, in first place, (y/n)(l/n)!"

You shot up from the bench, only to be tackled down by your support crew. All sorts of yells were coming from the team and your dad. "G-guys, i can't breathe!" you struggled from under Suga and the others.

"Ah! Sorry!" "Sorry (y/n)." "I'M SORRY (y/n)-senpai!" everyone scrambled off of you. "We're going to nationals!" your coach ruffled your hair, making you flush red. You laughed, "Thank you... everyone," you turned to look at the large group of people. Your dad bursted into even more tears, and Suga bear hugged you again.

"G-guys! Seriously!" you laughed and patted your boyfriend on the back. It took everyone a few minutes to settle down. Everything felt so perfect—so in place. You couldn't believe it was real.

"Now, let's go get ramen!" your coach pumped her first in the air, earning cheers from the highschool team. You faked a sigh and laughed, the day wasn't over just yet.

there's a tsukishima angst oneshot coming after this ('▽`)/