three

Jane-

today was the first day of school. the day i'm not ready for at all. all I was is to see my friends. to go home in the room I've always had. 

"good morning, how are you hunny" dad asked. I rubbed my eyes and looked at him.  "ok I guess" I replied. I walked passed him into the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. "do you want me to take you to school? or do you want to go on your own." dad asked while looking a todays newspaper. "ill be fine on my own". all I wanted was to be alone. I didn't want to go today, but of course it seems like i'm forced too. "after you get home from school, hunny, we will look for some furniture for your room. I know ur room at the old house was pretty small, so you don't have much to fill up your new one here." dad said kindly. "thanks dad". 

I grabbed my coat and keys and headed for the door. "please try to have a good day today. don't let anything happen" dad smiled at me. I nodded. I walked out and headed to school. 

when I reached school, a wave of anxiety crossed my body, of course at the worst time. i walked inside and went straight to the office. 

"hello, i'm Jane Collins, i'm new, of course, I was wondering where room 267 was?" I asked, holding the straps to my backpack tighter than I though I could ever. "actually I am going to have someone direct where you need to go for all your classes, just down the hall, there is a bench, Jayden should be sitting there, he will direct you." she smiled brightly at me. "I am Mrs.Strapler." I smiled at her and walked out. toward the bench was sitting a boy with dark curly hair. he reminded me a lot of my old best friend. parts of me wished so hard it was really him. 

"hi, i'm Jayden, are you are June right?" he asked. I nodded my head. my hand still tightly rapped around my backpack straps, knuckles almost turning white. "follow me" he said and smiled at me. his voice was deep, but soothing. it was like I wanted him to keep talking to me. 

" your first class is here, which is actually my first class as well. and down the hall is your second. most of your classes will be down the hall, except for your elective class, which is gym" he said and looked down to his paper he was holding, pretty sure it had all my classes on it. "down the stairs and to your right, Is the gym." he said walking towards the door. "right here." he smiled. 

"I think that's all. do you want to go back upstairs and look at your classes one more time? or do you think you're okay with it?". "I think I should be okay, thank you" I said. "it was nice meeting you Jane, see you around?" he asked with a bright smile. I nodded and he handed me the paper that he was holding, I wrote all the room numbers in the school, circled by the ones that were my class. I walk to my locker and put my gym bag, along with my backpack. maybe this isn't too bad. Jayden was... very nice.

"hey dad, i'm home" I yelled walking into the door. "hey honey" he looked back from being on the couch. "how was school sweetheart" he smiled at me. "it was actually, okay" I said. I walked to my room and sat my backpack down. I hoped in bed and looked around. noticing how empty my room was, if mother was here she would have changed that. 

3/31/20